J2EE, what is it?

marcus

This is probably a pretty stupid question. I have programmed with Java
earlier (about a year ago), so I know the language at a decent level.

In many job adverticments I now see the term J2EE.

Is this just the newest version of Java, or is it a whole developers
solution, with editors and stuff, in that case which vendor provides
this.

Thanx

Stanimir Stamenkov

/marcus/:
In many job adverticments I now see the term J2EE.

Is this just the newest version of Java, or is it a whole developers
solution, with editors and stuff, in that case which vendor provides
this.

J2EE is set of standardized Java libraries (JMS, EJBs, Servlets,
etc.) extending the core Java framework to build enterprise (large
scale) applications on (http://java.sun.com/j2ee). You may read the
tutorial to find out more:
<http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/tutorial/doc/index.html>.