J2ME Beginner question: Connection without asking

Klaus

Hi,

I need to open a connection without asking the user in a screen and I don ´t
know how to do this.

Thanks very much for help.
Klaus

Andrew Thompson

I need to open a connection without asking the user

What does it matter what you want?

Instead, ask yourself what does
your *user* want? If they want
the service provided by your app.
you can ask them for a connection
and they will say 'yes'.
..in a screen and I don ´t
know how to do this.

The usual reason (with web-pages and applets)
is because it is insecure, stupid, denies the
user of power or contributes (further) to their
overall state of confusion.

So you can't. ..Well, actually you *can* sign an
applet and, once the user has accepted the code
(they have to say 'yes'), you can do damn near
anything ..though you still could not initiate
a print or open a network connection without
the user being aware.

Their may be a code signing facility available
for J2ME as well.

Perhaps why should explain why you think you
have this need, and someone here can suggest
a better strategy.

What do you want to achieve?
Thanks very much for help.

You're welcome.