J2ME, Bluetooth, Obex use case

Discussion in 'Java' started by Zino K via JavaKB.com, Jul 29, 2005.

  1. Hello Everyone,

    I have just got a small use case regarding bluetooth and I was wondering if
    anyone could help me:

    Imagine you are camping. You have your mobile(cellular) phone and your
    laptop with you. However, you know that on the same night there is a very
    important event on TV that you would like to see. (Assume that your network
    offers a service of broadcasting tv too ! ).

    So It would be very good if you can catch the film with your phone and
    simultaneously, through bluetooth, transfer the information to view the film
    on your laptop.

    With today's bluetooth technology, would it be possible to use this concept
    of "live"feed through you mobile, where you use it as some kind of a gateway
    of live information to other bluetooth devices.

    I know bluetooth mobiles with jsr-82 and use OBEX for file transfer. but I
    think this seems to need to transfer one file at a time and not live
    information(or does it). I any body can help me, or knows any other way to
    achieve this concept, I would greatly appreciate if you drop a note at the
    forum.

    Thanks Everyone

    Zino

    --