J2ME - Eclipse running old midlets (not newly compiled ones)

Discussion in 'Java' started by NiteRider, Oct 7, 2007.

  1. NiteRider

    NiteRider Guest

    Hello all,

    I have a copy of Eclipse

    Version: 3.3.0
    Build id: I20070625-1500

    along with

    J2ME Eclipse plugin 1.7.6

    I am testing a SOAP interface (on port 8080).

    Basically, when running the Sun J2ME Midlet, It starts off with the
    following:

    "Testing Midlet Suite wants to connect to http://127.0.0.1:8080 ..."

    I say "yes" to the connection and it all works.

    BUT

    If I change the code so that the http address is: http://75.54.33.97:8080
    ...." and run it once more, it just stalls and does not come back.

    When I test the SOAP service from the "soap message builder" here:
    http://soapclient.com/soapmsg.html

    Everything works OK - meaning the SOAP message can be ran successfully
    using the internet identifying IP address. So, the summary is:

    1. IP address 127.0.0.1 within the J2ME midlet emulator works
    2. IP address 75.54.33.97 (from the test "soap message builder") also
    works
    3. IP address 75.54.33.97 within the J2ME midlet DOES NOT work. It
    just STALLS.

    Would anyone have any kind of idea what is going on here? At least how
    can I troubleshoot it?

    Thanks,
    NiteRider
    NiteRider, Oct 7, 2007