    information about how to simply access a file on my miniSD card.

    Thanks for hints
    Timo
    Timo Nentwig, Aug 5, 2006

  2. Timo Nentwig wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > As far as I found out there are two ways to access data on the device:
    > FileConnection and RecordStore. Apparently my xda mini S (or HTC
    > Wizard) doesn't support FileConnection as the MIDlet seems to crash
    > with this code (no, no exception).
    >
    > I don't quite understand that RecordStore stuff and don't find no
    > information about how to simply access a file on my miniSD card.

    RecordStore can only be used to create new record stores and to access
    previously created record stores. At that, it is constrained to only
    accessing record stores that were created by the MIDlet suite using the
    RecordStore object. Record stores cannot be used to access arbitrary
    stores, hence the reason for the FileConnection GCF framework.

    What is the device on which you're running your MIDlet?

    --
    Darryl L. Pierce <>
    Visit my homepage: <http://mcpierce.multiply.com>

    Darryl L. Pierce, Aug 6, 2006