    background and to scroll that background. If anyone has got an idea
    please let me know. I would be greatful. Thanx.
    Mchmiel

    mchmiel, Jun 29, 2003

  2. mchmiel wrote:

    > I would like to write a game midlet similar to pinbal on n6310i or
    > siemens but i haven't got a good idea how to manage to put grafical
    > background and to scroll that background. If anyone has got an idea
    > please let me know. I would be greatful. Thanx.

    What do you mean by "got an idea"? If you're looking for suggestions or
    best practices, the only answer is that you're going to have to use the
    javax.microedition.lcdui.Canvas class to do your game, and the
    javax.microedition.lcdui.Image class to hold/render your background. The
    logic for tiling, scrolling, etc. will have to be code by you as there's no
    such thing as a Canvas larger than the display on the device.

    --
    Darryl L. Pierce <>
    Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/c/mcpierce>

    Darryl L. Pierce, Jun 30, 2003

  3. mchmiel

    Tim Tyler Guest

    Roedy Green <> wrote:

    : I am not familiar with microedition. But in regular Java the way you
    : would handle this use a VolsatileImage, giant image that lives in the
    : Video card's regen buffer. [...]

    Don't try this approach in you're dealing with a large playing area,
    though.
    --

    Tim Tyler, Jul 5, 2003