J2ME, JSR-82, Nokia 6600, SPP problem.

Discussion in 'Java' started by Boki, Aug 24, 2005.

  1. Boki

    Boki Guest

    Hi All,
    I can't connect to Nokia 6600 SPP service from Bluecore request,
    even I specify a particular service name of SPP, (symbian OS), but Sony
    Ericsson P910i/P900, SIEMENS S65 work very well. ( I have to say, a
    bluetooth toy car-100 can connects to nokia 6600 SPP correctly. )

    The client code is a java program that run on cell phone that support java
    jsr-82, and Sony ericsson provides a bluetooth car code example, I try this
    code on SIEMENS S65, NOKIA 6600,... etc, all work well with that bluetooth
    car( name: CAR 100 ).

    but, when I porting the SPP request fucntion to our product, the Bluecore
    can only connect to P910/P900 and SIEMENS phones, it didn't work on NOKIA
    6600, when I request SPP connection, I always get a disconnection result, I
    can't understand.

    Thank you very much for your help.

    Best regards,
    BOki

    Boki, Aug 24, 2005

  2. On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 16:53:11 +0800, Boki wrote:

    > I can't connect ..

    Please cross-post in future.
    <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#xpost>

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    "Don't just take me for tryin' to be heavy. Understand, it's time to get

    Andrew Thompson, Aug 24, 2005

  3. Boki

    Boki Guest

    Ok, thanks.

    "Andrew Thompson" <>
    ???????:1rpjjmwivjdd7$.ucwjn82ahisv$...

    Boki, Aug 24, 2005
  4. Boki

    JScoobyCed Guest

    Boki wrote:
    > Hi All,
    > I can't connect to Nokia 6600 SPP service from Bluecore request,
    > even I specify a particular service name of SPP, (symbian OS), but Sony
    > Ericsson P910i/P900, SIEMENS S65 work very well. ( I have to say, a
    > bluetooth toy car-100 can connects to nokia 6600 SPP correctly. )
    >
    > The client code is a java program that run on cell phone that support java
    > jsr-82, and Sony ericsson provides a bluetooth car code example, I try this
    > code on SIEMENS S65, NOKIA 6600,... etc, all work well with that bluetooth
    > car( name: CAR 100 ).
    >
    > but, when I porting the SPP request fucntion to our product, the Bluecore
    > can only connect to P910/P900 and SIEMENS phones, it didn't work on NOKIA
    > 6600, when I request SPP connection, I always get a disconnection result, I
    > can't understand.
    >
    > Thank you very much for your help.
    >
    > Best regards,
    > BOki

    Hi,

    I have done some 6600 bluetooth stuff that works quite well. Ok, now I
    con't test anymore as somebody's stolen my phone and I'm going to buy a
    6680 or 6681.
    Anyway, I did a (of course) chat application for phone to phone or phone
    to PC (using bluecove library), and a remote camera (takes snapshot of
    the phone camera from the PC).
    All of these where looking for a specific service name.
    Could you provide the connection code? (service discovery) and list the
    exceptions encountered?
    You can also try the forum on benhui.net.

    JSC

    JScoobyCed, Aug 24, 2005
  5. Boki

    Boki Guest

    Hi,
    Here is the part of code,
    UUID myService = new UUID("1101", true);
    url = "btspp://localhost:" + myService.toString() + ";name=xSPPServer";
    service = (StreamConnectionNotifier)Connector.open( url );
    con=(StreamConnection) service.acceptAndOpen();

    Sorry, the service discovery code is behind our chip provider, I can only
    trace it.. ( by CATC sniffer )

    I dind't see a connection request message on 6600 screen ( but other phones
    do ).

    Do you mean 6600 needs a different service discovery method to find out the
    java SPP service ? what I confused is we ever meet the same problem on
    P900/P910, I think that is a symbian OS problem, and we already solve it,
    but now, it seems not, because 6600 didn't work ....

    Right now, I have test the same code and work on

    SEMC: K750i, W800i, P910i, P900
    SIEMENS: S65

    Fail: Nokia 6600.

    Thank you very much for your help!

    --
    Best regards,
    Boki

    "JScoobyCed" <>
    ???????:430c5f31$0$24720$...

    Boki, Aug 24, 2005
  6. Boki

    JScoobyCed Guest

    Boki wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Here is the part of code,
    > UUID myService = new UUID("1101", true);
    > url = "btspp://localhost:" + myService.toString() + ";name=xSPPServer";
    > service = (StreamConnectionNotifier)Connector.open( url );
    > con=(StreamConnection) service.acceptAndOpen();
    >
    > Sorry, the service discovery code is behind our chip provider, I can only
    > trace it.. ( by CATC sniffer )
    >
    > I dind't see a connection request message on 6600 screen ( but other phones
    > do ).
    >
    > Do you mean 6600 needs a different service discovery method to find out the
    > java SPP service ? what I confused is we ever meet the same problem on
    > P900/P910, I think that is a symbian OS problem, and we already solve it,
    > but now, it seems not, because 6600 didn't work ....
    >
    > Right now, I have test the same code and work on
    >
    > SEMC: K750i, W800i, P910i, P900
    > SIEMENS: S65
    >
    > Fail: Nokia 6600.
    >
    > Thank you very much for your help!
    >
    > --
    > Best regards,
    > Boki

    I am not sure it will help much, but I remember having problem with the
    UUID stuff.
    I think there are two ways to build the UUID. You set the flag to true,
    to force the "shortUUID". I remember having read on some BT forum that
    the 6600 doesn't support it.
    You need to use the UUID constructor with a long UUID:
    UUID myService = new UUID("98765432109876543210987654321000", false);

    Now I don't know if SonyEricsson/Siemens support the long service ID.
    Hope it helps.

    JSC

    JScoobyCed, Aug 25, 2005
  7. Boki

    Boki Guest

    Hi,
    In fact, I use long UUID before, due to I got problem on Nokia 6600, so
    I change to short UUID.

    but I dind't use the same UUID string as you provide, here is my code:
    String uuidString = "102030405060708090A0B0C0D0E0F010";
    UUID uuid = new UUID(uuidString, false);

    This work on Sony Ericsson phones ( they also work on short UUID )

    I will try the UUID string you provide and report to here ASAP.

    Thank you very much!

    Best regards,
    Boki.

    "JScoobyCed" <>
    ???????:430d2a6a$0$24691$...

    Boki, Aug 25, 2005
  8. Boki

    Boki Guest

    Hi,
    When I try this UUID string, I get:
    Nokia 6600 SPP work, but I can only receive the PPP packet... ( not the
    packet send by java program )
    Sony Ericsson P910i has the same problem with 6600, but after 3 times
    re-try, it works. ( can communicate with java code )

    K750i fail.

    Siemens S65, fail.

    It seems that the UUID is a critical parameter, in fact, I am not very
    understand about this.

    Best regards,
    Boki.

    "JScoobyCed" <>
    ???????:430d2a6a$0$24691$...

    Boki, Aug 25, 2005
  9. Boki

    Boki Guest

    It seems our SDP code problem, because I can always get SPP connection with
    no problem, when I test it from CAR-100 but not our SDP code....

    Best regards,
    Boki.

    "Boki" <> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:dejens$2pp$...

    Boki, Aug 25, 2005