    to a J2ME application running in the emulator of the
    wtk2.2 (As the "WMA Console Utiltiy" does)?

    tnx, markus
    Markus, Feb 9, 2005

  2. Markus

    Guest

    You can easily do this using an extension to j2me called Java Wireless
    Messaging api (wma api). Just google around for j2me and wma. You'll
    get a ton of tutorials. However, your wireless device must support WMA
    or you'll get a ClassNotFound exception when trying to actually run it
    from your wireless device. Go here and look for your device and make
    sure it has WMA support:
    http://developers.sun.com/techtopics/mobility/device/device
    , Feb 9, 2005

  3. Markus

    Guest

    > from your wireless device. Go here and look for your device and make
    > sure it has WMA support:
    > http://developers.sun.com/techtopics/mobility/device/device

    tnx for pointing me at that. I am now able to compile a _J2SE_
    (Standard Edt) application using the javax.wireless.messaging.*
    classes. I also have to use the javax.microedition.io.Connector class
    to create a sms connector. All compiles fine (if the appropriate libs
    are supplied), but when executing the code, the following error is
    reported:

    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
    isNetworkMonitorActive
    at javax.microedition.io.Connector.isNetworkMonitorActive(Native
    Method)
    at javax.microedition.io.Connector.<clinit>(Connector.java:142)
    at SMSSender.main(SMSSender.java:22)

    ....which probably means, that some nativecode is used in the
    implementation of the Connector-class. any ideas ? thank you very much,
    markus
    , Feb 10, 2005
  4. wrote:
    > You can easily do this using an extension to j2me called Java Wireless
    > Messaging api (wma api). Just google around for j2me and wma. You'll
    > get a ton of tutorials. However, your wireless device must support WMA
    > or you'll get a ClassNotFound exception when trying to actually run it
    > from your wireless device. Go here and look for your device and make
    > sure it has WMA support:
    > http://developers.sun.com/techtopics/mobility/device/device

    The OP was asking how to send a SMS message from a J2SE application to
    an emulator.

    --
    Darryl L. Pierce <>
    Visit my homepage: http://mcpierce.multiply.com
    Darryl Pierce, Feb 12, 2005
  5. wrote:
    > tnx for pointing me at that. I am now able to compile a _J2SE_
    > (Standard Edt) application using the javax.wireless.messaging.*
    > classes. I also have to use the javax.microedition.io.Connector class
    > to create a sms connector. All compiles fine (if the appropriate libs
    > are supplied), but when executing the code, the following error is
    > reported:
    >
    > Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:

    <snip>

    Yes, native code is used since the actual functionality for the WMA is
    built into the emulators.

    Darryl Pierce, Feb 12, 2005