J2ME/ktoolbar: Send an sms to an emulated J2ME-App

Markus

hi all,

Is anybody aware of a possibility to send an "sms" from
a J2SE application (eg. via a socket/pipe/sharedmem)
to a J2ME application running in the emulator of the
wtk2.2 (As the "WMA Console Utiltiy" does)?

tnx, markus

toxa26

You can easily do this using an extension to j2me called Java Wireless
Messaging api (wma api). Just google around for j2me and wma. You'll
get a ton of tutorials. However, your wireless device must support WMA
or you'll get a ClassNotFound exception when trying to actually run it
from your wireless device. Go here and look for your device and make
sure it has WMA support:
http://developers.sun.com/techtopics/mobility/device/device

dgm

from your wireless device. Go here and look for your device and make

tnx for pointing me at that. I am now able to compile a _J2SE_
(Standard Edt) application using the javax.wireless.messaging.*
classes. I also have to use the javax.microedition.io.Connector class
to create a sms connector. All compiles fine (if the appropriate libs
are supplied), but when executing the code, the following error is
reported:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
isNetworkMonitorActive
at javax.microedition.io.Connector.isNetworkMonitorActive(Native
Method)
at javax.microedition.io.Connector.<clinit>(Connector.java:142)
at SMSSender.main(SMSSender.java:22)

....which probably means, that some nativecode is used in the
implementation of the Connector-class. any ideas ? thank you very much,
markus

Darryl Pierce

You can easily do this using an extension to j2me called Java Wireless
Messaging api (wma api). Just google around for j2me and wma. You'll
get a ton of tutorials. However, your wireless device must support WMA
or you'll get a ClassNotFound exception when trying to actually run it
from your wireless device. Go here and look for your device and make
sure it has WMA support:
http://developers.sun.com/techtopics/mobility/device/device

The OP was asking how to send a SMS message from a J2SE application to
an emulator.

Darryl Pierce

tnx for pointing me at that. I am now able to compile a _J2SE_
(Standard Edt) application using the javax.wireless.messaging.*
classes. I also have to use the javax.microedition.io.Connector class
to create a sms connector. All compiles fine (if the appropriate libs
are supplied), but when executing the code, the following error is
reported:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
<snip>

Yes, native code is used since the actual functionality for the WMA is
built into the emulators.