j2me on razr problem

randay

Hi group. I sure as heck hope someone else has come across this one
before because I am totally stumped right now.

I'm writing a little midlet to show a large image so that users can
scroll through and see the whole pic (even though it's larger than the
display). Works great on Nokia handsets as well as on Sony Ericssons,
but I'm running into problems with the Motorola devices.

I'm using Moto's emulators and it does not work on those at all. I'm
trying the rokr & the razr emulators. When I load it onto an actual
rokr handset it does work. But not when I load it onto a razr handset.

I've determined that the app is unable to locate the image file, it
throws an IOException on the line where I call
Image.createImage(string). The string I'm passing in is
"/map_image.png" and the directory structure of the jar file looks like
this:

-core
MapCanvas.class
MapMidlet.class
-meta-inf
Manifest.mf
map_image.png

About as simple as it gets, as you can see.

A couple more details then I'm off to bang my head against the wall
some more. I am compiling to MIDP 2.0, CLDC 1.1. I am not signing these
yet but that's the next step to take I suppose. I am running them from
a .jad file in the emulator. I am only using portable libraries,
nothing nokia/se/moto specific.