J2ME Question re System.out and System.err

Rhino

I am writing my first J2ME applications using EclipseME and/or Sun Wireless
Toolkit 2.2.

When I write System.out.println() or System.err.println() statements, I know
that this output is sent to the console when I am running my applications on
the the emulators. Where does it go when I am running my application on the
PDA?

Ideally, I'd like to be able to see it but I'll be content if you tell me
that I can't see it; I know that I should be debugging on the emulators, not
on the PDA itself ;-) However, I would like some assurances that the console
output isn't getting written to some kind of file on the PDA that will
eventually exhaust my storage space.

By the way, what is the best way of logging on a PDA? I don't see any
logging stuff in the MIDP1.0 API so I'm not sure what approach people are
using for logging important information for the user or tech support people.

--
Rhino
---