    files.
    Is there any restriction on the number of database files?
    , Nov 27, 2006

  2. Simon Brooke Guest

    in message <>,
    ('') wrote:

    > I have written a J2ME application named "Micro Money". It can be
    > download from here:
    > http://hsmasud.blogspot.com/2006/11/micro-money-30.html
    > In the application I used rms database to store daily transactions. To
    > speedup the loading process I created separate database file for every
    > day. After using for a month I'm facing a problem with this. Now my
    > application cannot create more database files to enter the
    > transactions. But I can enter transactions to my previous database
    > files.
    > Is there any restriction on the number of database files?

    There's a restriction on the amount of memory on the device; I would be
    surprised if the number of file-handle-equivalents was as small as 31.

    'Victories are not solutions.'
    ;; John Hume, Northern Irish politician, on Radio Scotland 1/2/95
    ;; Nobel Peace Prize laureate 1998; few have deserved it so much
    Simon Brooke, Nov 27, 2006

    Thanks for your reply.
    What is the best practice for a database oriented J2ME application?
    The project I'm working on manages daily transactions and provides
    several reports. I want my application to display daily transactions as
    quick as possible and I want to manage large number of transaction
    entry. To speed-up the process I used different db file for every day,
    month and year. If I keep all the data in one file the generating
    reports becomes time consuming.
    So, my question is what is the best practice for a application like
    accounting system in J2ME?

    Thanks
    Masud

    Simon Brooke wrote:
    > in message <>,
    > ('') wrote:
    >
    > > I have written a J2ME application named "Micro Money". It can be
    > > download from here:
    > > http://hsmasud.blogspot.com/2006/11/micro-money-30.html
    > > In the application I used rms database to store daily transactions. To
    > > speedup the loading process I created separate database file for every
    > > day. After using for a month I'm facing a problem with this. Now my
    > > application cannot create more database files to enter the
    > > transactions. But I can enter transactions to my previous database
    > > files.
    > > Is there any restriction on the number of database files?

    > There's a restriction on the amount of memory on the device; I would be
    > surprised if the number of file-handle-equivalents was as small as 31.
    >
    > --
    > (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/
    >
    > 'Victories are not solutions.'
    > ;; John Hume, Northern Irish politician, on Radio Scotland 1/2/95
    > ;; Nobel Peace Prize laureate 1998; few have deserved it so much
    , Nov 29, 2006