J2ME rms database limitation

hsmasud

I have written a J2ME application named "Micro Money". It can be
download from here:
http://hsmasud.blogspot.com/2006/11/micro-money-30.html
In the application I used rms database to store daily transactions. To
speedup the loading process I created separate database file for every
day. After using for a month I'm facing a problem with this. Now my
application cannot create more database files to enter the
transactions. But I can enter transactions to my previous database
files.
Is there any restriction on the number of database files?

Simon Brooke

in message <[email protected]>,
I have written a J2ME application named "Micro Money". It can be
download from here:
http://hsmasud.blogspot.com/2006/11/micro-money-30.html
In the application I used rms database to store daily transactions. To
speedup the loading process I created separate database file for every
day. After using for a month I'm facing a problem with this. Now my
application cannot create more database files to enter the
transactions. But I can enter transactions to my previous database
files.
Is there any restriction on the number of database files?

There's a restriction on the amount of memory on the device; I would be
surprised if the number of file-handle-equivalents was as small as 31.

--
(e-mail address removed) (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/

'Victories are not solutions.'
;; John Hume, Northern Irish politician, on Radio Scotland 1/2/95
;; Nobel Peace Prize laureate 1998; few have deserved it so much

hsmasud

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
What is the best practice for a database oriented J2ME application?
The project I'm working on manages daily transactions and provides
several reports. I want my application to display daily transactions as
quick as possible and I want to manage large number of transaction
entry. To speed-up the process I used different db file for every day,
month and year. If I keep all the data in one file the generating
reports becomes time consuming.
So, my question is what is the best practice for a application like
accounting system in J2ME?

Thanks
Masud