J2ME: The Complete Reference

Jeff

Hello!

My question is:
Does this book "J2ME: The Complete Reference" (ISBN: 0072227109 ) cover MIDP
2.0 and CDLC 1.1 API features??

I'm considering to buy this book, but only if it covers these topics...
Is it a good book, do you recommend it???

Best Regards
Jeff

Darryl L. Pierce

Jeff said:
My question is:
Does this book "J2ME: The Complete Reference" (ISBN: 0072227109 ) cover
MIDP 2.0 and CDLC 1.1 API features??

I'm considering to buy this book, but only if it covers these topics...
Is it a good book, do you recommend it???

The back of the book should tell you what version(s) of the specification
are covered.

--
/**
* @author Darryl L. Pierce <[email protected]>

Andrew Thompson

Jeff wrote: ... ...
The back of the book should tell you what version(s) of the specification
are covered.

I went hunting at amazon, and while I found this..
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...ding=UTF8&no=283155&me=ATVPDKIKX0DER&st=books>
...it fails to mention the CDLC/MIDP versions,
and the only 'example page' offered is the
front cover. :-(

--
Andrew Thompson

Jeff

That's it, I've also searched Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.com + google. But cannot
find info telling that the book covers those topics,
or if it doesn't covers them...

Thanks anyway for your respond!

Darryl L. Pierce

Andrew said:
I went hunting at amazon, and while I found this..
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0072227109/ref=sib_rdr_dp/103-4155585-8239062
%5Fencoding=UTF8&no=283155&me=ATVPDKIKX0DER&st=books>
..it fails to mention the CDLC/MIDP versions,
and the only 'example page' offered is the
front cover. :-(

Then I would wager it's a MIDP 1.0 book. I personally don't have that one.

--
/**
* @author Darryl L. Pierce <[email protected]>
* @see The Infobahn Offramp <http://mcpierce.mypage.org>
* @quote "Lobby, lobby, lobby, lobby, lobby, lobby..." - Adrian Monk
*/

Tabrez Iqbal

Darryl L. Pierce said:
Then I would wager it's a MIDP 1.0 book. I personally don't have that one.

yes, it covers only the first versions of MIDP and CDLC.
Unfortunately, the other book that I have, J2ME in a Nutshell, also
does not cover new versions of CDLC/MIDP.

tabrez

Darryl L. Pierce

Tabrez said:
yes, it covers only the first versions of MIDP and CDLC.
Unfortunately, the other book that I have, J2ME in a Nutshell, also
does not cover new versions of CDLC/MIDP.

There are a few MIDP 2.0 books available. Try Jonathan Knudsen's book on
MIDP. That's my preferred one.

--
/**