[J2ME] Ticker and image placement

Junwei Lee

J2ME is proving impossibly hard to do simple things. I'm trying to do 3
simple things:

1) Get a ticker scrolling at the top of the screen.

2) Menu items with hover images.

3) An image on the left side of the ticker

I have got the 2nd part to work with J2ME Polish, but I can't seem to
get the ticker on the top of the screen (it shows it at the bottom)
with J2ME Polish because it doesn't provide an API to place it.

I'm using a List with J2ME Polish to enable the hover images, and a
List doesn't allow ImageItems, so I can't seem to place the image at
the top left corner of the screen.

So if you can find out a way to work 2 without resorting to J2ME
Polish, or how to work 1 & 3 with J2ME Polish I'd be extremely
greatful.

Thanks

Darryl L. Pierce

Junwei said:
J2ME is proving impossibly hard to do simple things. I'm trying to do 3
simple things:

1) Get a ticker scrolling at the top of the screen.

2) Menu items with hover images.

3) An image on the left side of the ticker

I have got the 2nd part to work with J2ME Polish, but I can't seem to
get the ticker on the top of the screen (it shows it at the bottom)
with J2ME Polish because it doesn't provide an API to place it.

Some things, such as tickers, are not layout-enabled; i.e., it is up to
the platform to place them according to how the *platform* operates.

--
Darryl L. Pierce <[email protected]>
Homepage: http://mcpierce.multiply.com/

*** ***