[J2ME] Ticker and image placement

Discussion in 'Java' started by Junwei Lee, May 21, 2006.

  1. Junwei Lee

    Junwei Lee Guest

    J2ME is proving impossibly hard to do simple things. I'm trying to do 3
    simple things:

    1) Get a ticker scrolling at the top of the screen.

    2) Menu items with hover images.

    3) An image on the left side of the ticker

    I have got the 2nd part to work with J2ME Polish, but I can't seem to
    get the ticker on the top of the screen (it shows it at the bottom)
    with J2ME Polish because it doesn't provide an API to place it.

    I'm using a List with J2ME Polish to enable the hover images, and a
    List doesn't allow ImageItems, so I can't seem to place the image at
    the top left corner of the screen.

    So if you can find out a way to work 2 without resorting to J2ME
    Polish, or how to work 1 & 3 with J2ME Polish I'd be extremely
    greatful.

    Thanks

    Junwei Lee, May 21, 2006

  2. Junwei Lee wrote:
    > J2ME is proving impossibly hard to do simple things. I'm trying to do 3
    > simple things:
    >
    > 1) Get a ticker scrolling at the top of the screen.
    >
    > 2) Menu items with hover images.
    >
    > 3) An image on the left side of the ticker
    >
    > I have got the 2nd part to work with J2ME Polish, but I can't seem to
    > get the ticker on the top of the screen (it shows it at the bottom)
    > with J2ME Polish because it doesn't provide an API to place it.

    Some things, such as tickers, are not layout-enabled; i.e., it is up to
    the platform to place them according to how the *platform* operates.

    --
    Darryl L. Pierce <>
    Homepage: http://mcpierce.multiply.com/

    Darryl L. Pierce, May 22, 2006