J2ME - use an external directory from a .jar

Joined
Jun 26, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello,

I am working at a Web Server for Mobile Devices in J2ME. I made allready the base structure with sockets. My only problem for now remains the HTTPDOCS directory where I need to put the xhtml, css, imagines, servlets and over files which it can be acces from a browser on the Internet or localhost. I create a path to this directory in SRC (I use netbeans) and it works (with little problems but is a step foward). The problem is if I do this I need to include the HTTPDOCS directory into the .JAR and if I do that I can't change the files from the public directory unless I build the application again.
I presume that I need to work with an external directory or external resources but I don't have any ideea how to do that.

Please help me.

Joined
Jun 26, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I think JSR 75 File Connection API is what I need. I hope I can change and understand the dir's path, because in this moment I have something like this:

Code:
String request;

// Allows to access the webserver content like resources
Class resource = this.getClass();

// READ THE BUFFER and if is not empty do this:

request = new String(buffer,0,length);

// Obtaing the resource path specified by the get request
String path = request.substring(4,request.indexOf("HTTP") - 1);

// if is a directory sends the index.html
if(path.endsWith("/"))
   path += "index.html";

// Adds the request path to the path specified
   path = "/httpdocs" + path;

// Open the request path with the help of resource as Stream
InputStream reader = resource.getResourceAsStream(path);

// If the reader is null, the request is not found, sends a error
if(reader == null)
  // stop here because the httpdocs directory was't found :(
else
{
  // the httpdocs dir was found so read the buffer, etc.
}

I think instead of that peace of code I need to do something like dir = (FileConnection)Connector.open("file://localhost/" + currDirName); but I don't understand where to get this file on localhost and how to get the resource as a stream for this path.

Someone have an ideea ?