    I am working at a Web Server for Mobile Devices in J2ME. I made allready the base structure with sockets. My only problem for now remains the HTTPDOCS directory where I need to put the xhtml, css, imagines, servlets and over files which it can be acces from a browser on the Internet or localhost. I create a path to this directory in SRC (I use netbeans) and it works (with little problems but is a step foward). The problem is if I do this I need to include the HTTPDOCS directory into the .JAR and if I do that I can't change the files from the public directory unless I build the application again.
    I presume that I need to work with an external directory or external resources but I don't have any ideea how to do that.

    Please help me.
    nightm, Jun 27, 2008

  2. nightm

    nightm

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    I think JSR 75 File Connection API is what I need. I hope I can change and understand the dir's path, because in this moment I have something like this:

    Code:
    String request;

    // Allows to access the webserver content like resources
    Class resource = this.getClass();

    // READ THE BUFFER and if is not empty do this:

    request = new String(buffer,0,length);

    // Obtaing the resource path specified by the get request
    String path = request.substring(4,request.indexOf("HTTP") - 1);

    // if is a directory sends the index.html
    if(path.endsWith("/"))
       path += "index.html";

    // Adds the request path to the path specified
       path = "/httpdocs" + path;

    // Open the request path with the help of resource as Stream
    InputStream reader = resource.getResourceAsStream(path);

    // If the reader is null, the request is not found, sends a error
    if(reader == null)
      // stop here because the httpdocs directory was't found :(
    else
    {
      // the httpdocs dir was found so read the buffer, etc.
    }

    I think instead of that peace of code I need to do something like dir = (FileConnection)Connector.open("file://localhost/" + currDirName); but I don't understand where to get this file on localhost and how to get the resource as a stream for this path.

    Someone have an ideea ?
    nightm, Jun 27, 2008