    I want to develop,debug J2ME-Apps with Eclipse 2.1.1. Which steps do I have to
    do?

    tx joerg
    Joerg Lensing, Nov 11, 2003

  2. Joerg Lensing

    Bjoern Guest

    Joerg Lensing wrote:
    > Hi NG,
    > I want to develop,debug J2ME-Apps with Eclipse 2.1.1. Which steps do I have to
    > do?

    Download and install

    - Java SDK 1.4.x
    - Eclipse
    - Sun's Wireless Toolkit
    - jakarta ant and stampysoft j2me ant tasks
    - bytecode obfuscator (don't know what is the standard)
    - other vendors development toolkits (Nokia, Siemens, Sharp,...)
    - cvs

    In Eclipse you can define the J2ME class library for your projects. With
    ant you have to create some j2me-specific tasks to preverify, obfuscate
    and package your Midlet. Actually stampysoft is only needed to update
    the size of the jar-File in the jar-File. Use the WTK's preverify
    executable with ant's exec task.

    HTH

    Bjoern

    --

    Let's not weep for their evil deeds,
    but for their lack of imagination
    Bjoern, Nov 12, 2003

  3. Bjoern wrote:

    > Joerg Lensing wrote:
    >> Hi NG,
    >> I want to develop,debug J2ME-Apps with Eclipse 2.1.1. Which steps do I
    >> have to do?

    > Download and install
    >
    > - Java SDK 1.4.x
    > - Eclipse
    > - Sun's Wireless Toolkit
    > - jakarta ant and stampysoft j2me ant tasks
    > - bytecode obfuscator (don't know what is the standard)

    I would recommend ProGuard. Great code reduction results in my experience,
    far better than Retroguard.

    --
    Darryl L. Pierce <>
    Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://mypage.org/mcpierce>
    Darryl L. Pierce, Nov 12, 2003
  4. Joerg Lensing

    Dumboo Guest

    hi there,

    "Joerg Lensing" <> wrote in message
    > Hi NG,
    > I want to develop,debug J2ME-Apps with Eclipse 2.1.1. Which steps do I

    have to
    > do?

    you would be requiring J2ME SDK from Sun, which comes with emulator
    you would be requiring J2ME Plugins from spitech.
    Dumboo, Nov 17, 2003