J2ME WTK: Developing for differnent cell phones

Steven J. Sobol

I have Eclipse ME running, works great... compiled a J2ME Tic-Tac-Toe
game for my Moto PEBL this past week, one that I originally wrote on
my old Samsungs.

I am curious how easy it is to get skins for the Wireless Toolkit to
make it mimic various phone models. It would make it easier to develop
for differing specs. (e.g., my TTT game that displayed great on my
Samsung A620 looks small on my PEBL with its larger display, and the PEBL's
softkeys work a little differently)

Do I have to download stuff from each phone manufacturer?

Thomas Hawtin

Steven said:
I am curious how easy it is to get skins for the Wireless Toolkit to
make it mimic various phone models. It would make it easier to develop
for differing specs. (e.g., my TTT game that displayed great on my
Samsung A620 looks small on my PEBL with its larger display, and the PEBL's
softkeys work a little differently)

Do I have to download stuff from each phone manufacturer?

IIRC, if you look in the WTK each phone is defined by some simple text
files and images.

Tom Hawtin

Steven J. Sobol

Thomas Hawtin wrote: said:
IIRC, if you look in the WTK each phone is defined by some simple text
files and images.

That's a good start - but I don't necessarily know the specs for all of the
phones on the market. I guess I'm more interested in the information than
downloadable files. I can always create a custom profile for any given phone,
no?

Thanks - SJS