    o Could someone post code for parsing XML that works with T610?

    Thanks,

    Martin
    Martin Nilsson, Jan 19, 2004

  2. Martin Nilsson wrote:

    > I'm new to J2ME. I'll write an application which will run on a Sony
    > Ericsson T610 mobile phone.
    >
    > o The mobile should download a XML file and then process it. Anyone who
    > have sent a XML file via Bluetooth.

    Does the T610 support JSR-82? If not, you won't have access to Bluetooth.

    > o Could someone post code for parsing XML that works with T610?

    Not the simplest of choices, eh? You'll need to download one of the micro
    parsers and include it with your MIDlet suite since the MIDP doesn't have
    its own XML APIs.

    --
    Darryl L. Pierce <>
    Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://mypage.org/mcpierce>
    Darryl L. Pierce, Jan 20, 2004

  3. Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
    > Martin Nilsson wrote:
    >

    >>I'm new to J2ME. I'll write an application which will run on a Sony
    >>Ericsson T610 mobile phone.
    >>
    >>o The mobile should download a XML file and then process it. Anyone who
    >>have sent a XML file via Bluetooth.

    > Does the T610 support JSR-82? If not, you won't have access to Bluetooth.
    >

    >>o Could someone post code for parsing XML that works with T610?

    > Not the simplest of choices, eh? You'll need to download one of the micro
    > parsers and include it with your MIDlet suite since the MIDP doesn't have
    > its own XML APIs.

    We've been very happy with the stuff from kobjects.org, including kxml
    (XML support in a small world) and ksoap (ditto for soap [if you really,
    really need soap in MIDP, I sympathize])
    David Zimmerman, Jan 20, 2004
  4. David Zimmerman wrote:

    >> Not the simplest of choices, eh? You'll need to download one of the micro
    >> parsers and include it with your MIDlet suite since the MIDP doesn't have
    >> its own XML APIs.

    > We've been very happy with the stuff from kobjects.org, including kxml
    > (XML support in a small world) and ksoap (ditto for soap [if you really,
    > really need soap in MIDP, I sympathize])

    How small is the XML code? I'm thinking that some of the problems I've
    encountered in my current project could be eliminated by switching from
    custom encoding to XML. Small performance hit, but I think overall I could
    get a better return from it.

    BTW, saw you this morning on Tryon Rd. Did you hear a car beep at you just
    before you got onto the highway? :)

    Darryl L. Pierce, Jan 20, 2004
  5. Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
    > David Zimmerman wrote:
    >

    >>>Not the simplest of choices, eh? You'll need to download one of the micro
    >>>parsers and include it with your MIDlet suite since the MIDP doesn't have
    >>>its own XML APIs.

    >>We've been very happy with the stuff from kobjects.org, including kxml
    >>(XML support in a small world) and ksoap (ditto for soap [if you really,
    >>really need soap in MIDP, I sympathize])

    > How small is the XML code? I'm thinking that some of the problems I've
    > encountered in my current project could be eliminated by switching from
    > custom encoding to XML. Small performance hit, but I think overall I could
    > get a better return from it.
    >
    > BTW, saw you this morning on Tryon Rd. Did you hear a car beep at you just
    > before you got onto the highway? :)

    I think so, but I get honked at by lots of people, mostly angry
    David Zimmerman, Jan 21, 2004
  6. David Zimmerman wrote:

    >> BTW, saw you this morning on Tryon Rd. Did you hear a car beep at you
    >> just before you got onto the highway? :)
    >>

    > I think so, but I get honked at by lots of people, mostly angry

    Hehe, no doubt. Wonderful driver courtesy. :)

    Darryl L. Pierce, Jan 21, 2004