J2ME: XML and sending files to SonyEricsson T610

Martin Nilsson

Hi,

I'm new to J2ME. I'll write an application which will run on a Sony Ericsson
T610 mobile phone.

o The mobile should download a XML file and then process it. Anyone who have
sent a XML file via Bluetooth.

o Could someone post code for parsing XML that works with T610?

Thanks,

Martin

Darryl L. Pierce

Martin said:
I'm new to J2ME. I'll write an application which will run on a Sony
Ericsson T610 mobile phone.

o The mobile should download a XML file and then process it. Anyone who
have sent a XML file via Bluetooth.

Does the T610 support JSR-82? If not, you won't have access to Bluetooth.
o Could someone post code for parsing XML that works with T610?

Not the simplest of choices, eh? You'll need to download one of the micro
parsers and include it with your MIDlet suite since the MIDP doesn't have
its own XML APIs.

David Zimmerman

Darryl said:
Martin Nilsson wrote:

Does the T610 support JSR-82? If not, you won't have access to Bluetooth.

Not the simplest of choices, eh? You'll need to download one of the micro
parsers and include it with your MIDlet suite since the MIDP doesn't have
its own XML APIs.

We've been very happy with the stuff from kobjects.org, including kxml
(XML support in a small world) and ksoap (ditto for soap [if you really,
really need soap in MIDP, I sympathize])

Darryl L. Pierce

David said:
Not the simplest of choices, eh? You'll need to download one of the micro
parsers and include it with your MIDlet suite since the MIDP doesn't have
its own XML APIs.

We've been very happy with the stuff from kobjects.org, including kxml
(XML support in a small world) and ksoap (ditto for soap [if you really,
really need soap in MIDP, I sympathize])

How small is the XML code? I'm thinking that some of the problems I've
encountered in my current project could be eliminated by switching from
custom encoding to XML. Small performance hit, but I think overall I could
get a better return from it.

BTW, saw you this morning on Tryon Rd. Did you hear a car beep at you just
before you got onto the highway? :)

David Zimmerman

Darryl said:
David Zimmerman wrote:

Not the simplest of choices, eh? You'll need to download one of the micro
parsers and include it with your MIDlet suite since the MIDP doesn't have
its own XML APIs.

We've been very happy with the stuff from kobjects.org, including kxml
(XML support in a small world) and ksoap (ditto for soap [if you really,
really need soap in MIDP, I sympathize])

How small is the XML code? I'm thinking that some of the problems I've
encountered in my current project could be eliminated by switching from
custom encoding to XML. Small performance hit, but I think overall I could
get a better return from it.

BTW, saw you this morning on Tryon Rd. Did you hear a car beep at you just
before you got onto the highway? :)
I think so, but I get honked at by lots of people, mostly angry