    Acrobat 6: 15,675 KB (Reader, W2K)
    J2RE 1.4.2: 14,162 KB (Full, Win*)

    Now what?
    hh, Jun 27, 2003

  2. hh schrieb:
    > Acrobat 6: 15,675 KB (Reader, W2K)
    > J2RE 1.4.2: 14,162 KB (Full, Win*)
    >
    > Now what?

    Learn how to post questions people can understand!
    Thomas Kellerer, Jun 27, 2003

  3. hh

    S. Balk Guest

    > Acrobat 6: 15,675 KB (Reader, W2K)
    > J2RE 1.4.2: 14,162 KB (Full, Win*)
    >
    > Now what?

    Use it
    S. Balk, Jun 28, 2003
  4. Marco Schmidt, Jun 28, 2003
  5. hh

    hh Guest

    Marco Schmidt wrote:
    > hh:
    >

    >>Acrobat 6: 15,675 KB (Reader, W2K)
    >>J2RE 1.4.2: 14,162 KB (Full, Win*)
    >>
    >>Now what?

    > Hm, the latest JRE is a failure because it's almost as large as the
    > Acrobat Reader and not capable of rendering PDF at all?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Marco

    :-D

    Did Adobe ever reply to the Java PDF Viewer inquiry?

    Q:
    Can a WebStart App associate with a certain file extension (i.e. .JDF,
    or say .FO)?
    hh, Jun 28, 2003
  6. hh:

    >Did Adobe ever reply to the Java PDF Viewer inquiry?

    No, unfortunately not.

    >Can a WebStart App associate with a certain file extension (i.e. .JDF,
    >or say .FO)?

    Probably by editing the registry, programmatically not without JNI, I
    guess.

    <http://www.google.com/search?q=registry+associate+file+extension>
    finds some promising links. All very much Visual-Basic-oriented.

    Regards,
    Marco
    Marco Schmidt, Jun 28, 2003
  7. hh

    hh Guest

    Marco Schmidt wrote:
    > hh:

    [snip]

    >>Can a WebStart App associate with a certain file extension (i.e. .JDF,
    >>or say .FO)?

    > Probably by editing the registry, programmatically not without JNI, I
    > guess.
    >
    > <http://www.google.com/search?q=registry+associate+file+extension>
    > finds some promising links. All very much Visual-Basic-oriented.

    It would be nice to have a "Java Installer + Launcher" as a component of
    the JRE, which would handle deployment and startup of both WebStart and
    local Apps, including file association, and even handling service type
    apps (with a proper API).

    The Deployment Tools developers can just concentrate on providing the
    packaging services, wizards, revision control, etc.
    hh, Jun 28, 2003
  8. hh

    hh Guest

    Thomas Kellerer wrote:

    > hh schrieb:
    >
    >> Acrobat 6: 15,675 KB (Reader, W2K)
    >> J2RE 1.4.2: 14,162 KB (Full, Win*)
    >>
    >> Now what?
    >>

    > Learn how to post questions people can understand!

    "Do you want to call a friend?" :)
    ~ Regis Philbin
    hh, Jun 28, 2003