J2SE 5.0 on just Windows 98 -- NOT "98 SE"?

Samuel Siren

This is probably in some FAQ, but I have searched for it and not
found it:

Is it possible to install and run J2SE 5.0 on Windows 98?

I.e. NOT Windows 98 SE, just Windows 98 _without_ SE?

If I try to install it, will the installation fail, will nothing
work after installation, or will most stuff (but not 100% of it)
work after installation?

/Samuel Sirén

Benji

Samuel said:
If I try to install it, will the installation fail, will nothing
work after installation, or will most stuff (but not 100% of it)
work after installation?

Um...try it? If you're running windows 98, I'm guessing it's not a mission
critical computer anyway. =)