Jakarta ECS w/ Struts

mike

I would like to use ECS to write the jsp/html and output it. However,
I don't want to lose the ability to use the custom tags and struts
form tags that are already built. If I use ECS to output my markup,
where would that be in the whole request-response cycle? Will my tags
be evaluated if I just output them like I was writing the page or do I
have to do something special? Can I use them at all?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Chris Smith

mike said:
I would like to use ECS to write the jsp/html and output it. However,
I don't want to lose the ability to use the custom tags and struts
form tags that are already built. If I use ECS to output my markup,
where would that be in the whole request-response cycle? Will my tags
be evaluated if I just output them like I was writing the page or do I
have to do something special? Can I use them at all?

You cannot use ECS to generate JSP custom tags. JSPs have to be written
at application development. You'd need to somehow call the code to
generate the resulting HTML from elsewhere, and I'm not familiar enough
with Struts to know if that's possible for the standard Struts taglibs.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation

mike