James Gosling the Creator of EMACS and JAVA - leaves ORACLE - Butthen reports started coming in of o

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by small Pox, Jul 22, 2010.

  1. small Pox

    small Pox Guest

    But then reports started coming in of odd failures. Systems would
    crash strangely. We'd get crashes in applications. All applications.
    Crashes in the kernel.

    But then reports started coming in of odd failures. Systems would
    crash strangely. We'd get crashes in applications. All applications.
    Crashes in the kernel.

    Stallman took over his EMACS
    Oracle's Larry Ellison, took over his SUN-JAVA
    Steve Jobs has Apple

    A free competitor to Oracle must be there to limit this fiend from
    taking over the world.

    There was VICIOUS propaganda against Microsoft's, Bill Gates.

    1981 Gosling Emacs
    by James Gosling
    written in C; with "Mocklisp"
    as its extension language.
    / |
    1983 / |
    / Unipress Emacs (6-may-83)
    / $395 commercial product.

    http://nighthacks.com/roller/jag/

    \begin{quotation}
    When Sun folks get together and bullshit about their theories of why
    Sun died, the one that comes up most often is another one of these
    supplier disasters. Towards the end of the DotCom bubble, we
    introduced the UltraSPARC-II. Total killer product for large
    datacenters. We sold lots. But then reports started coming in of odd
    failures. Systems would crash strangely. We'd get crashes in
    applications. All applications. Crashes in the kernel. Not very often,
    but often enough to be problems for customers. Sun customers were used
    to uptimes of years. The US-II was giving uptimes of weeks. We
    couldn't even figure out if it was a hardware problem or a software
    problem - Solaris had to be updated for the new machine, so it could
    have been a kernel problem. But nothing was reproducible. We'd get
    core dumps and spend hours pouring over them. Some were just crazy,
    showing values in registers that were simply impossible given the
    preceeding instructions. We tried everything. Replacing processor
    boards. Replacing backplanes. It was deeply random. It's very
    randomness suggested that maybe it was a physics problem: maybe it was
    alpha particles or cosmic rays. Maybe it was machines close to nuclear
    power plants. One site experiencing problems was near Fermilab. We
    actually mapped out failures geographically to see if they correlated
    to such particle sources. Nope. In desperation, a bright hardware
    engineer decided to measure the radioactivity of the systems
    themselves. Bingo! Particles! But from where? Much detailed scanning
    and it turned out that the packaging of the cache ram chips we were
    using was noticeably radioactive. We switched suppliers and the
    problem totally went away. After two years of tearing out hair out, we
    had a solution.
    \end{quotation}

    [ ??? DID MOSSAD DO IT FOR THEIR BROTHERS - VICTORY IS BY DECEPTION -
    for them ??? ]

    \begin{quotation}
    Despite being "blissfully unemployed", I've been remarkably busy. Some
    of my time has been taken up by job hunting, some by a fun geek
    project (more on that in a later post), but an awful lot has been
    taken up talking to people about life at Oracle. They need a place to
    vent, and I try to be a good listener. The exodus has been a
    thundering stampede. Pretty soon, all Larry will have left is an IP
    portfolio. Perhaps that's all he wanted: there's precious little
    evidence that he was interested in any of the people. Early on after
    quitting, I kept waking up in the middle of the night having
    nightmares about composing screeching blog entries. They would have
    been fun, but pointless. I decided that it was finally time to do some
    real relaxing and spend some quality time with a beach and an ocean -
    I figured I needed to do it before the poison that BP's been dumping
    kills much more. I had a great time. Got back last night. Feeling
    hugely better.
    \end{quotation}
    small Pox, Jul 22, 2010

  2. small Pox

    small Pox Guest

    On Jul 22, 2:40 pm, small Pox <> wrote:
> [...]
    > of my time has been taken up by job hunting, some by a fun geek
    > project (more on that in a later post), but an awful lot has been
    > taken up talking to people about life at Oracle. They need a place to
    > vent, and I try to be a good listener. The exodus has been a
    > thundering stampede. Pretty soon, all Larry will have left is an IP
    > portfolio. Perhaps that's all he wanted: there's precious little
    > evidence that he was interested in any of the people. Early on after
    > quitting, I kept waking up in the middle of the night having
    > nightmares about composing screeching blog entries. They would have
    > been fun, but pointless. I decided that it was finally time to do some
    > real relaxing and spend some quality time with a beach and an ocean -
    > I figured I needed to do it before the poison that BP's been dumping
    > kills much more. I had a great time. Got back last night. Feeling

    Watch the VIDEO

    Thou Shall WIN by DECEPTION - VICTOR OSTROVSKY

    Press TV-News Analysis-Israel Lebanon Spies-07-16-2010(Part1)
    http://vodpod.com/watch/4042625-press-tv-news-analysis-israel-lebanon-spies-07-16-2010part1
    small Pox, Jul 22, 2010

  3. On Jul 22, 2:40 pm, small Pox <> wrote:
> [...]
    > thundering stampede. Pretty soon, all Larry will have left is an IP
    > portfolio. Perhaps that's all he wanted: there's precious little
    > evidence that he was interested in any of the people. Early on after
    > quitting, I kept waking up in the middle of the night having
    > nightmares about composing screeching blog entries. They would have
    > been fun, but pointless. I decided that it was finally time to do some
    > real relaxing and spend some quality time with a beach and an ocean -
    > I figured I needed to do it before the poison that BP's been dumping
    > kills much more. I had a great time. Got back last night. Feeling
    > hugely better.
    > \end{quotation}

    Watch the VIDEO

    Thou Shall WIN by DECEPTION - VICTOR OSTROVSKY

    Press TV-News Analysis-Israel Lebanon Spies-07-16-2010(Part1)

    http://vodpod.com/watch/3996570-press-tv-news-analysis-us-nukes-for-israel-07-08-2010part2

    ISRAELI Tools of the trade
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saJdgGZz5iY
    nanothermite911fbibustards, Jul 22, 2010