Japanese text displayed incorrectly in Linux server

Arjunan Venkatesh

Hello,
I have a jsp which displays Japanese characters . I use UTF-8 in the
jsp
using <%@page pageEncoding="UTF-8"%> . Data is coming as unicode/
Everythinmg works well Windows / JBoss /
When I deploy in Linux ( Same jboss version ) it is not displaying
correctly.
I checked the locale in linux to be UTF-8 ( default en-US )

any idea is greatly appreciated !

thanks
-v

hiwa

Arjunan Venkatesh said:
Hello,
I have a jsp which displays Japanese characters . I use UTF-8 in the
jsp
using <%@page pageEncoding="UTF-8"%> . Data is coming as unicode/
Everythinmg works well Windows / JBoss /
When I deploy in Linux ( Same jboss version ) it is not displaying
correctly.
I checked the locale in linux to be UTF-8 ( default en-US )

any idea is greatly appreciated !

thanks
-v
Try contentType;charset attribute for the page directive. pageEncoding
is the encoding of your production environment(editor, IDE, ...)
It is not necessarily the encoding of the document content.

Gimme a small testable version of your JSP page. I'll try it on
my environment(Fedora Core 3, Gnome 2.x, LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8).

I bet you are using Tomcat for the JSP/servlet container. Tomcat
used be not so smart in handling of encoding

Arjunan Venkatesh

thanks for the help/suggestion , actually I found out the problem is in
the software piece which gives the data to the web tier .