    any idea is greatly appreciated !

    thanks
    -v

    Arjunan Venkatesh, Mar 12, 2005

  2. Arjunan  Venkatesh

    hiwa Guest

    "Arjunan Venkatesh" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hello,
    > I have a jsp which displays Japanese characters . I use UTF-8 in the
    > jsp
    > using <%@page pageEncoding="UTF-8"%> . Data is coming as unicode/
    > Everythinmg works well Windows / JBoss /
    > When I deploy in Linux ( Same jboss version ) it is not displaying
    > correctly.
    > I checked the locale in linux to be UTF-8 ( default en-US )
    >
    > any idea is greatly appreciated !
    >
    > thanks
    > -v

    Try contentType;charset attribute for the page directive. pageEncoding
    is the encoding of your production environment(editor, IDE, ...)
    It is not necessarily the encoding of the document content.

    Gimme a small testable version of your JSP page. I'll try it on
    my environment(Fedora Core 3, Gnome 2.x, LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8).

    I bet you are using Tomcat for the JSP/servlet container. Tomcat
    used be not so smart in handling of encoding

    hiwa, Mar 12, 2005

  3. thanks for the help/suggestion , actually I found out the problem is in
    the software piece which gives the data to the web tier .

    Arjunan Venkatesh, Mar 15, 2005