  1. hiwa

    hiwa Guest

    James Alan Farrel wrote:
    > Here is what the manifest looks like:
    >
    > Manifest-Version: 1.0
    > Main-Class: gfSetup.gfSetupProg
    > Created-By: Netbeans IDE

    (1)Show the result of jar -tf for the jar file in question.

    > I have one that works that looks like this

    (2)Show the manifest file content.
    (3)Show the result of jar -tf for that jar file.
    hiwa, Jan 9, 2004

  2. Hello all, and thanks to those who've helped.

    It turns out the problem is a cheap (free) interpreter with unclear
    error messages, and an incompetent programmer (you knew that, right?)

    When I attempted to run the jar file I got the message "Could not find
    main class." The problem was that I failed to include a utility
    class, NOT the main class.

    Sorry (blush)
    James

    James Alan Farrell, Jan 13, 2004