jar file not found

Discussion in 'Java' started by zino, Sep 21, 2007.

  1. zino

    zino Guest

    I'm a .Net developper, but I got a single java file to compile,
    having these references in it:
    import com.crystaldecisions.client.logic.*;
    import com.crystaldecisions.sdk.exception.SDKException;
    import com.crystaldecisions.sdk.exception.SDKRuntimeException;
    import com.crystaldecisions.sdk.framework.ISessionMgr;
    import com.crystaldecisions.sdk.framework.CrystalEnterprise;
    import com.crystaldecisions.sdk.framework.IEnterpriseSession;
    import com.crystaldecisions.sdk.framework.ITrustedPrincipal;
    import com.crystaldecisions.sdk.properties.IProperty;
    import com.crystaldecisions.sdk.plugin.CeProgID;
    import com.crystaldecisions.webapp.util.html.CookieHelper;
    import com.crystaldecisions.webapp.util.html.Encoder;
    import com.crystaldecisions.webapp.CEConstants;
    import com.crystaldecisions.ePortfolio.framework.common.*;

    I learned about java in the past couple days what is enough to compile
    the file, and I debugged couple issues, but it seems to me that the
    above references are not found and when compiling the file I get too
    many error as this one:

    LogonAction.java:614: cannot find symbol
    symbol : class HttpServletRequest
    location: class
    com.crystaldecisions.ePortfolio.framework.logon.LogonAction
    HttpServletRequest request, LogonForm logonForm) throws SDKException {

    100 errors
    1 Warning

    can somebody tell me where I can download the Jar files referenced
    in the "inport" statement above.

    thanks

    zino, Sep 21, 2007

  2. zino wrote:
    > I'm a .Net developper, but I got a single java file to compile,
    > having these references in it:
    > import com.crystaldecisions.client.logic.*;
    > import com.crystaldecisions.sdk.exception.SDKException;
    > import com.crystaldecisions.sdk.exception.SDKRuntimeException;
    > import com.crystaldecisions.sdk.framework.ISessionMgr;
    > import com.crystaldecisions.sdk.framework.CrystalEnterprise;
    > import com.crystaldecisions.sdk.framework.IEnterpriseSession;
    > import com.crystaldecisions.sdk.framework.ITrustedPrincipal;
    > import com.crystaldecisions.sdk.properties.IProperty;
    > import com.crystaldecisions.sdk.plugin.CeProgID;
    > import com.crystaldecisions.webapp.util.html.CookieHelper;
    > import com.crystaldecisions.webapp.util.html.Encoder;
    > import com.crystaldecisions.webapp.CEConstants;
    > import com.crystaldecisions.ePortfolio.framework.common.*;

    [snip]

    http://www.businessobjects.com/products/crystal/default.asp?intcmp=hp_products_crystal

    RedGrittyBrick, Sep 21, 2007

  3. zino

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 20:40:32 -0000, zino <> wrote,

    >symbol : class HttpServletRequest

    That is a class usually provided by your Servlet womb. In JSP it gets
    added automatically to the classpath for compiles of the generated
    Java code.

    Try searching the jars till you find the class, then add those jars to
    your classpath.

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/classpath.html
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary

    Roedy Green, Sep 21, 2007
  4. zino

    Sophia

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Hi....

    I am tryin Example of jsp...

    but I m getting following error :
    The import com.crystaldecisions cannot be resolved..
    Please help !!!

    :captain:

    Sophia, Mar 10, 2009