jar problem

Daisy

I'm struggling with a bug and am writing to see if someone has an idea
that
hasn't occurred to me.

I wrote some report generation software using Quest's JClass product.
It
produces a beautiful .pdf report as long as I run the code in Eclipse.
When
I create a .jar then run the .jar, it runs fine. But when I open the
generated report in Adobe Reader, it produces the error "invalid
restore".
I can view the report but the content of the tables are blank.

Because the code produces a valid .pdf in Eclipse, I know I have all
the
code necessary on my machine. However, when I create the .jar
something
goes subtly wrong. I've tried carefully checking all my classpaths,
etc.
I'm a bit concerned about Eclipse path filters.

Has anyone struggled with similar symptoms? If so, how did you resolve
it?

Thanks

Andrea Desole

Daisy said:
Has anyone struggled with similar symptoms? If so, how did you resolve
it?

the times I had a problem like this it usually was because I was using
different versions of some files, whereas I was thinking I was using the
same files. I remember once having a war file with two different
versions of the same class files. I know you carefully checked, but I
still think this is the most likely cause.
Anyway, besides checking again, I want to suggest to debug your jar (you
can do that with eclipse), and see what happens. I don't know if you did
it already, but even if you really made no mistakes you can more likely
find out what went wrong

Roedy Green

Has anyone struggled with similar symptoms? If so, how did you resolve
it?

I have not had this problem, but if I did here in what I would do.

Look in the eclipse working directory for the jars IT creates.

do a Jar -t myproject.jar to get a contents list.
Dump the manifest with winzip

Now do the same with the jar you created outside Eclipse.

Compare.