    What I get is an java.net.UnknowHostException.

    Has anyone gotten this to work yet??

    Jay

    Jay Canale, Mar 2, 2005

  2. Jay Canale

    Rhino Guest

    "Jay Canale" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello,
    > I have just received my Digital ID certificate from Verisign and I am
    > trying to figure out how to timestamp my jar file using the JRE 1.5
    > jarsigner. Using the info from their website my command line looks like
    > this......
    >
    > c:\\jdk1.5.0_01\bin\ jarsigner -tsa http://example.tsa.url MyJAR.jar
    > MyCert.cer
    >
    > What I get is an java.net.UnknowHostException.
    >
    > Has anyone gotten this to work yet??

    Not me ;-)

    But I seem to recall that Roedy Green has a lot of detailed information
    about jar signing at his website. This is just one page that discusses the
    topics; he's got all kinds of links to different aspects of the subject.
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/signedapplets.html

    Rhino

    Rhino, Mar 2, 2005

  3. Jay Canale

    Tilman Bohn Guest

    In message <>,
    Jay Canale wrote on Wed, 2 Mar 2005 16:35:13 -0500:

    [...]
    > c:\\jdk1.5.0_01\bin\ jarsigner -tsa http://example.tsa.url MyJAR.jar
    > MyCert.cer
    >
    > What I get is an java.net.UnknowHostException.

    I haven't used this, but have you considered the possibility that
    the reason is that example.tsa.url is not a valid hostname? Or is it
    known to your DNS server?

    --
    Cheers, Tilman

    `Boy, life takes a long time to live...' -- Steven Wright

    Tilman Bohn, Mar 4, 2005
  4. Jay Canale

    Jay Canale Guest

    Yes, I am aware of this. My thought was that someone might know of the TSA
    site. The new jarsigner is in beta.

    Jay Canale, Mar 4, 2005