jarsigner fails to rename

Sam Takoy

Hi,

I get this error (in XP)

jarsigner: attempt to rename MyApplet.jar to MyApplet.jar.orig failed

which is supposed to indicate that the jar is in use, but I know for
sure that it is not. For example, I can go in windows explorer and
delete it. And I'm not getting this problem with other jars. With this
jar, I get it 100% of the time until I go and delete it.

What might be going on here?

Thanks,

Sam

Sam Takoy

Does the account you are running under have rename privilege on that
directory?

yes.

Just as a (strange) followup, this problem does not occur when I use

"ant -v"

Any thoughts?

Sam Takoy

yes.

Just as a (strange) followup, this problem does not occur when I use

"ant -v"

Any thoughts?

Could it be that since I'm using ant, that the jar command that is
executed just before the jarsigner command still has a hold of that jar?