Jasper Report - local class incompatible

Discussion in 'Java' started by cc, Oct 25, 2005.

  1. cc

    cc Guest

    Hi,
    I have a problem with Jasper Report.

    I have written a report with IReport and I have integrated it in my web
    project.
    My report uses a xml data source.

    When I execute my program,it show this exception:
    java.io.InvalidClassException:
    net.sf.jasperreports.engine.base.JRBaseReport; local class incompatible:
    stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 601, local class serialVersionUID =
    10001

    You can help my?
    I use:
    JBuilder 2005
    Tomcat 5.0,
    j2se 1.4.2

    Thank and sorry for my english,
    Carlo
    cc, Oct 25, 2005

  2. Hi,

    cc wrote:
    > When I execute my program,it show this exception:
    > java.io.InvalidClassException:
    > net.sf.jasperreports.engine.base.JRBaseReport; local class incompatible:
    > stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 601, local class serialVersionUID =
    > 10001

    Sounds to me as if a complete clean/rebuild should help.

    Ciao,
    Ingo
    Ingo R. Homann, Oct 25, 2005

  3. cc

    cc Guest

    "Ingo R. Homann" <> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > Hi,
    >
    > cc wrote:
    >> When I execute my program,it show this exception:
    >> java.io.InvalidClassException:
    >> net.sf.jasperreports.engine.base.JRBaseReport; local class incompatible:
    >> stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 601, local class serialVersionUID =
    >> 10001

    > Sounds to me as if a complete clean/rebuild should help.

    I not understand.
    I have clean and rebuild, the problem exist.

    cc, Oct 25, 2005
  4. cc

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 14:24:25 +0200, "cc" <> wrote, quoted
    or indirectly quoted someone who said :

    >java.io.InvalidClassException:

    see
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/runerrormessages.html#INVALIDCLASS

    You have stale *.ser serialialised object file. It needs to be
    regenerated. Exactly what that is, can't tell you. Perhaps with a
    stack trace or filemon you could figure out which file is stale.

    See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/filemon.html
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Oct 25, 2005
  5. cc

    puzz... Guest

    cc wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have a problem with Jasper Report.
    >
    > I have written a report with IReport and I have integrated it in my web
    > project.
    > My report uses a xml data source.
    >
    > When I execute my program,it show this exception:
    > java.io.InvalidClassException:
    > net.sf.jasperreports.engine.base.JRBaseReport; local class incompatible:
    > stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 601, local class serialVersionUID =
    > 10001

    Are you sure that JasperReport version on tomcat is *exactly* the same as
    the one used with iReport (in the lib/ folder)?

    --
    www.puzz.info
    puzz..., Oct 25, 2005