    thinking of getting the o'reilly swing book first edition of e-bay for
    $10 but it is only up to java 1.2 and is 7 years old. Would this book be
    missing much? Has anyone read it?
    Big Daddy, Apr 15, 2005

  2. Big Daddy

    Angus Parvis Guest

    Big Daddy wrote:
    > Has much changed from swing in java 1.2 to swing in java 1.5? I was
    > thinking of getting the o'reilly swing book first edition of e-bay for
    > $10 but it is only up to java 1.2 and is 7 years old. Would this book be
    > missing much? Has anyone read it?

    compare the online apis and see if something's deprecated in the newer
    version

    angus
    Angus Parvis, Apr 16, 2005

  3. Big Daddy

    Pete Barrett Guest

    On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:49:21 -0500, Big Daddy <>
    wrote:

    >Has much changed from swing in java 1.2 to swing in java 1.5? I was
    >thinking of getting the o'reilly swing book first edition of e-bay for
    >$10 but it is only up to java 1.2 and is 7 years old. Would this book be
    >missing much? Has anyone read it?

    If this is Java Foundation Classes in a Nutshell, then there are a few
    things missing (the only one I've run into is the JSpinner and related
    classes, but no doubt there are a few others), but it's mostly all
    there.

    Pete Barrett
    Pete Barrett, Apr 16, 2005