Java 2 ME Implemetation problem..

Prafulla T

Hello ,
We are devloping one application in j2ME..
It's a simple project called Mobile Schedular..
We are stuck at one point..
It is as follows..
We want our application to run continuously in background...And
whenever pre-defined appointement
comes, it should remind users..
We have the module which alerts the user..
But we are finding it difficult to implement our system in a such way
that , It identifies that,say,
today user has some appointement.. And It should tell user about it at
the specified time..
Please tell us, How we should we go about it.. ?
Any help in this regard,will be appreciated ..!!
Waiting for your reply..