Java 3D starts VERY VERy slow

Kevin

Hello guys,

I did not know why, but when I try to start my simple Java 3D program
from JBuilder 2006, it starts up very very slow: after click the
"run", I need to wait 10 seconds or more to see the Java 3D program
pop up. (yeah, my PC is very fast one, 3G CPU, 2G memory). I also
tried to compile the code to a jar file, and start it up from the
commandline (winXP), same slow startup.

The simple java code is exactly from:
http://www.java2s.com/Code/Java/3D/Basicstepsneededtodisplay3Dobjects.htm

I tried the Java 3D 1.5 on java 1.5, and the Java 3D 1.4 on java
1.4.2, both very slow.

I did not have any other issues on my java coding so far.

What can be the reason for the slow?

Thanks!

~kurt

Kevin said:
I did not know why, but when I try to start my simple Java 3D program
from JBuilder 2006, it starts up very very slow: after click the
"run", I need to wait 10 seconds or more to see the Java 3D program

Just curious - does it run fine afterwards? Or does it seem to freeze up
on regular intervals?
pop up. (yeah, my PC is very fast one, 3G CPU, 2G memory). I also
tried to compile the code to a jar file, and start it up from the
commandline (winXP), same slow startup.

My hardware is about 6 years old, and J3D stuff starts up in about a
second or so - something is definitely not right.

I would go one step further and just compile it without jar'ing it up.

- Kurt