Java 3D starts VERY VERy slow

Discussion in 'Java' started by Kevin, May 24, 2007.

  1. Kevin

    Kevin Guest

    Hello guys,

    I did not know why, but when I try to start my simple Java 3D program
    from JBuilder 2006, it starts up very very slow: after click the
    "run", I need to wait 10 seconds or more to see the Java 3D program
    pop up. (yeah, my PC is very fast one, 3G CPU, 2G memory). I also
    tried to compile the code to a jar file, and start it up from the
    commandline (winXP), same slow startup.

    The simple java code is exactly from:
    http://www.java2s.com/Code/Java/3D/Basicstepsneededtodisplay3Dobjects.htm

    I tried the Java 3D 1.5 on java 1.5, and the Java 3D 1.4 on java
    1.4.2, both very slow.

    I did not have any other issues on my java coding so far.

    What can be the reason for the slow?

    Thanks!

    Kevin, May 24, 2007

  2. Kevin

    ~kurt Guest

    Kevin <> wrote:

    > I did not know why, but when I try to start my simple Java 3D program
    > from JBuilder 2006, it starts up very very slow: after click the
    > "run", I need to wait 10 seconds or more to see the Java 3D program

    Just curious - does it run fine afterwards? Or does it seem to freeze up
    on regular intervals?

    > pop up. (yeah, my PC is very fast one, 3G CPU, 2G memory). I also
    > tried to compile the code to a jar file, and start it up from the
    > commandline (winXP), same slow startup.

    My hardware is about 6 years old, and J3D stuff starts up in about a
    second or so - something is definitely not right.

    I would go one step further and just compile it without jar'ing it up.

    - Kurt

    ~kurt, May 25, 2007