Java 3GP Codec

Discussion in 'Java' started by canodabasioglu@gmail.com, Apr 18, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hello, for a MMS-Application I'm trying to show 3gp-files with my Java
    app. I heard that it should work with jffmpeg but I still couldn't get
    it to work.

    I added the following Codec:

    String JFFMPEG_VIDEO = "net.sourceforge.jffmpeg.VideoDecoder";
    try {
    Codec video = (Codec) Class.forName(JFFMPEG_VIDEO).newInstance();
    PlugInManager.addPlugIn(JFFMPEG_VIDEO,
    video.getSupportedInputFormats(),
    video.getSupportedOutputFormats(null),
    PlugInManager.CODEC);
    } catch (Exception e) {
    e.printStackTrace();
    }

    and then started the player.

    It already works for mpg-Videos, but if the file-extension is .3gp the
    player throws a
    javax.media.NoPlayerException: Cannot find a Player for :
    file://C:/can_test.3gp
    When I change the file-name to can_test.mpg the player initializes but
    doen't show a
    picture.

    How can I register the 3gp-extension

    Thanks