    coming out?

    Thanks,
    Diego.
    Diego, Oct 22, 2006

  2. Diego wrote:
    > I've a little dilemma: I'm thinking about getting certified as a SCJP,
    > but the new jdk is coming soon and I don't know if this will be a very
    > good idea. I actually don't want to get certified (buy a book to study +
    > pay the actual exam) to be fooled by a possibly new certification coming.

    I don't expect there to be a new SCJP for 1.6, although I have no actual
    information either way. 1.3 didn't have an SCJP. 1.6 isn't much
    different from 1.5, particularly in the areas covered by the exam.

    Don't expect SCJP 1.7 until, say, mid-2009.

    Tom Hawtin
    Thomas Hawtin, Oct 22, 2006

  3. Diego

    John Guest

    I Agree. SCJP 5.0 just came. I don't believe that there will be SCJP 6.0.
    There are no material available for SCJP 6.0 and the whole platform
    is in beta phase.

    I will do SCJP 5.0 test.

    John, Oct 22, 2006