Java 6 Update 4 Application JDialog labelled (Java Applet Window)

FutureScalper

Running Vista, Home Premium; Java 1.6 SERVER VM Update 4 using the
following command line:

java.exe -server -dsa -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Xbatch -Xss256k -
Xms300m -Xmx300m -Xnoclassgc -XX:+RelaxAccessControlCheck -
XX:MaxInlineSize=8192 -XX:-DontCompileHugeMethods -XX:
+ForceTimeHighResolution -XX:-TieredCompilation -
XX:CompileThreshold=20 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:
+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=150 -XX:CICompilerCount=1 -
XX:ThreadStackSize=256 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -cp
sZoneTrader.jar;sZoneTraderAuth.jar;sZoneTraderSounds.jar;sZoneTraderChart.jar;sZoneTraderContracts.jar
com/twc/trader/FutureScalper \FutureScalper

Just noticed this, running my Swing GUI APPLICATION standalone.

Swing non-modal JDialogs are incorrectly labelled as "Java Applet
Windows", little gray bar below the dialog itself extending fully
across the bottom.

Also the non-modal floating JDialog (on Windows platform) are not able
to move away from the primary monitor on which they were created,
across to an extended monitor on the desktop.

Apparently a "java applet window" (incorrectly identified) can't move
across the Windows extended desktop.

Don't know whether this applies to earlier updates; just noticed it
now.

This is NOT an Applet !!! So we have a little glitch, I think.

Anybody seen this before ??

FutureScalper

FutureScalper

Geez. When I use only UNSIGNED jars, I still have the problem of
"Java Applet Window" with Swing JDialogs... sheesh.

And the JDialogs labelled as such, cannot cross the extended desktop
boundary from the monitor on which they were created, same as before.

Maybe I have to disable the security manager, but this confuses me.

FutureScalper

Well, I think I've successfully worked around this by installing
a NullSecurityManager at app startup. The code I used is:

package com.twc.util;

import java.io.FileDescriptor;
import java.net.InetAddress;
import java.security.Permission;

public class NullSecurityManager extends SecurityManager {
public NullSecurityManager() {
super();
}
final public void checkCreateClassLoader() { }
final public void checkAccess(Thread g) { }
final public void checkAccess(ThreadGroup g) { }
final public void checkExit(final int status) { }
final public void checkExec(final String cmd) { }
final public void checkLink(final String lib) { }
final public void checkRead(final FileDescriptor fd) { }
final public void checkRead(final String file) { }
final public void checkRead(final String file, final Object context)
{ }
final public void checkWrite(final FileDescriptor fd) { }
final public void checkWrite(final String file) { }
final public void checkDelete(final String file) { }
final public void checkConnect(final String host, final int port) { }
final public void checkConnect(final String host, final int port,
final Object context) { }
final public void checkListen(final int port) { }
final public void checkAccept(final String host, final int port) { }
final public void checkMulticast(final InetAddress maddr) { }
final public void checkMulticast(final InetAddress maddr, final byte
ttl) { }
final public void checkPropertiesAccess() { }
final public void checkPropertyAccess(final String key) { }
final public void checkPropertyAccess(final String key, final String
def) { }
final public boolean checkTopLevelWindow(final Object window)
{ return true; }
final public void checkPrintJobAccess() { }
final public void checkSystemClipboardAccess() { }
final public void checkAwtEventQueueAccess() { }
final public void checkPackageAccess(final String pkg) { }
final public void checkPackageDefinition(final String pkg) { }
final public void checkSetFactory() { }
final public void checkMemberAccess(final Class clazz, final int
which) { }
final public void checkSecurityAccess(final String provider) { }
final public Class[] pubGetClassContext() {
return getClassContext();
}
final public void checkPermission(final Permission perm) {}
final public void checkPermission(final Permission perm, final Object
context) {}
}

and then this, as the first action in my static main class:

try {
System.setSecurityManager(new NullSecurityManager());
}
catch(Exception e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}

So, to heck with this problem; but it sure is confusing and needs
fixing.