Java access to Microsoft Access database through Samba

Discussion in 'Java' started by JC, Jun 18, 2006.

  1. JC

    JC Guest

    Hi,

    I need to access from an JSP application in a Linux server to a
    Microsoft Access database (only read) that is in another Windows server

    (only accepts users in its domain, that are different from Linux server

    users)

    I have configured Samba so that I can access to the database file. When

    I access through the folder navigator of Linux it requests me user,
    domain and password and access without problems.

    I do not know, how to access from a Java/JSP application, it's possible

    to do it? what driver I must use? it is necessary to configure Samaba
    to have permission some user in particular (tomcat, apache...)

    Thanks!
    JC, Jun 18, 2006

  2. On 2006-06-18, JC <> wrote:
    > I need to access from an JSP application in a Linux server to a
    > Microsoft Access database (only read) that is in another Windows server

    Have a look at unixodbc

    > (only accepts users in its domain, that are different from Linux server
    >
    > users)
    > I have configured Samba so that I can access to the database file. When
    >
    > I access through the folder navigator of Linux it requests me user,
    > domain and password and access without problems.

    With smbmount you can mount the network share as if it's part of your
    'regular/local' filesystem...

    --
    Met vriendelijke groeten,
    Tim Van Wassenhove <http://timvw.madoka.be>
    Tim Van Wassenhove, Jun 18, 2006

  3. JC wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I need to access from an JSP application in a Linux server to a
    > Microsoft Access database (only read) that is in another Windows server
    >
    > (only accepts users in its domain, that are different from Linux server
    >
    > users)
    >

    > I have configured Samba so that I can access to the database file. When
    >
    > I access through the folder navigator of Linux it requests me user,
    > domain and password and access without problems.
    >

    > I do not know, how to access from a Java/JSP application, it's possible
    >
    > to do it? what driver I must use? it is necessary to configure Samaba
    > to have permission some user in particular (tomcat, apache...)

    Use a JDBC driver (assuming there is one) to access it via SQL.

    --
    martin@ | Martin Gregorie
    gregorie. | Essex, UK
    Martin Gregorie, Jun 18, 2006
  4. Martin Gregorie wrote:
    > JC wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I need to access from an JSP application in a Linux server to a
    >> Microsoft Access database (only read) that is in another Windows server

    This is what you need:

    http://mdbtools.sourceforge.net/

    Check the FAQ. The UnixODBC driver is included, so
    you can probably use JDBC-ODBC bridge.

    DG
    =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Dra=BEen_Gemi=E6?=, Jun 19, 2006