Java access to Microsoft Access database through Samba

JC

Hi,

I need to access from an JSP application in a Linux server to a
Microsoft Access database (only read) that is in another Windows server

(only accepts users in its domain, that are different from Linux server

users)

I have configured Samba so that I can access to the database file. When

I access through the folder navigator of Linux it requests me user,
domain and password and access without problems.

I do not know, how to access from a Java/JSP application, it's possible

to do it? what driver I must use? it is necessary to configure Samaba
to have permission some user in particular (tomcat, apache...)

Thanks!

Tim Van Wassenhove

I need to access from an JSP application in a Linux server to a
Microsoft Access database (only read) that is in another Windows server

Have a look at unixodbc
(only accepts users in its domain, that are different from Linux server

users)
I have configured Samba so that I can access to the database file. When

I access through the folder navigator of Linux it requests me user,
domain and password and access without problems.

With smbmount you can mount the network share as if it's part of your
'regular/local' filesystem...

Martin Gregorie

JC said:
Hi,

I need to access from an JSP application in a Linux server to a
Microsoft Access database (only read) that is in another Windows server

(only accepts users in its domain, that are different from Linux server

users)

I have configured Samba so that I can access to the database file. When

I access through the folder navigator of Linux it requests me user,
domain and password and access without problems.

I do not know, how to access from a Java/JSP application, it's possible

to do it? what driver I must use? it is necessary to configure Samaba
to have permission some user in particular (tomcat, apache...)
Use a JDBC driver (assuming there is one) to access it via SQL.