Java and dotnetnuke

hizark21

Recently I have noticed that many people in .NET community have been
using dotnetnuke (http://www.dotnetnuke.com). dotnetnuke provides a
component driven drag and drop environment for developing intranets and
portals.

So I was wondering if there is similar product for developing Java
apps. Now Sun's project Rave and IBM's Visualage Java are supposed to
deliver a simlar capability. Lotus is supposed to coming out with a
drag and drop app drop product for notes.

Despite Java's portability, secuirity and scalability advantages this
is one area where .NET possibly has a edge over Java. This is a area
that the Java commuinity will have to address. This also raises some
question as to what the progress of Java's JCP is vs Mono.net open
source development. This is not too say that I am fully endorsing Java
becoming open source, but perhaps we need to look at some sort of
hybrid model.