Java and Frames

aolson

I posted this to the visio group but can't get a response so I thought
I would give it a try here since I don't believe there is a work around
for this in visio 2k3.

Hello,
I have a visio doc that I am saving as a web page within Visio 2k3.
The visio doc has
hyperlinks setup for the user of the web page to click on so they can
get instructions pertaining to the visio object being displayed and
display those instructions in a frame. I currently have a single page
with the work instructions and would like to have it so that when a
user clicks on a visio object it goes to a bookmark on this page. I
have seen this used to work in Visio 2k2 but no longer in 2k3. Is
there a work around for this? If this is not feasible and a work
around does not exist, what about adding some sort of java script to
the html page with the work
instructions to have it target the frame when the page is loaded? I
don't know much about java but any help would be appreciated.
Also, the creator of the visio doc will be making updates to the Visio
doc and resaving it as a web page as it is convenient for him. I would
have to insert the additional frame for his doc each time he resaves it
as it will overwrite any changes made. If you know of a better way to
do this or need further explanation please let me know. Thanks for the
help.

Rhino

[...]

Java and JavaScript have nothing to do with one another, despite the
similarity of the names. They aren't even created by the same vendor.

For JavaScript help, see comp.lang.javascript.

Rhino

Thomas Fritsch

I posted this to the visio group but can't get a response so I thought
I would give it a try here since I don't believe there is a work around
for this in visio 2k3.

Hello,
I have a visio doc that I am saving as a web page within Visio 2k3.
The visio doc has
hyperlinks setup for the user of the web page to click on so they can
get instructions pertaining to the visio object being displayed and
display those instructions in a frame. I currently have a single page
with the work instructions and would like to have it so that when a
user clicks on a visio object it goes to a bookmark on this page. I
have seen this used to work in Visio 2k2 but no longer in 2k3. Is
there a work around for this? If this is not feasible and a work
around does not exist, what about adding some sort of java script to
In spite of its name "java script" is an animal completely different
from "java". Therefore newsgroup "comp.lang.javascript" will be a better
place to ask your question.