    do this or need further explanation please let me know. Thanks for the
    help.
    , Dec 12, 2005

  2. Rhino Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I posted this to the visio group but can't get a response so I thought
    > I would give it a try here since I don't believe there is a work around
    > for this in visio 2k3.
    >
    > Hello,
    > I have a visio doc that I am saving as a web page within Visio 2k3.
    > The visio doc has
    > hyperlinks setup for the user of the web page to click on so they can
    > get instructions pertaining to the visio object being displayed and
    > display those instructions in a frame. I currently have a single page
    > with the work instructions and would like to have it so that when a
    > user clicks on a visio object it goes to a bookmark on this page. I
    > have seen this used to work in Visio 2k2 but no longer in 2k3. Is
    > there a work around for this? If this is not feasible and a work
    > around does not exist, what about adding some sort of java script to
    > the html page with the work
    > instructions to have it target the frame when the page is loaded? I
    > don't know much about java but any help would be appreciated.
    > Also, the creator of the visio doc will be making updates to the Visio
    > doc and resaving it as a web page as it is convenient for him. I would
    > have to insert the additional frame for his doc each time he resaves it
    > as it will overwrite any changes made. If you know of a better way to
    > do this or need further explanation please let me know. Thanks for the
    > help.

    Java and JavaScript have nothing to do with one another, despite the
    similarity of the names. They aren't even created by the same vendor.

    For JavaScript help, see comp.lang.javascript.

    Rhino
    Rhino, Dec 12, 2005

  3. wrote:
    > I posted this to the visio group but can't get a response so I thought
    > I would give it a try here since I don't believe there is a work around
    > for this in visio 2k3.
    >
    > Hello,
    > I have a visio doc that I am saving as a web page within Visio 2k3.
    > The visio doc has
    > hyperlinks setup for the user of the web page to click on so they can
    > get instructions pertaining to the visio object being displayed and
    > display those instructions in a frame. I currently have a single page
    > with the work instructions and would like to have it so that when a
    > user clicks on a visio object it goes to a bookmark on this page. I
    > have seen this used to work in Visio 2k2 but no longer in 2k3. Is
    > there a work around for this? If this is not feasible and a work
    > around does not exist, what about adding some sort of java script to

    In spite of its name "java script" is an animal completely different
    from "java". Therefore newsgroup "comp.lang.javascript" will be a better
    place to ask your question.

    --
    "Thomas:Fritsch$ops:de".replace(':','.').replace('$','@')
    Thomas Fritsch, Dec 12, 2005