Java and image resize

hopkins

I want to automate the process of uploading photos to my web site.
What I want java to be able to do is take a directory of photos,
resize them appropriately, create and XML file based on their names,
then FTP the whole lot.

My question is how well does java support jpeg resizing and whats
java's ftp access like. I could probably do this task in PHP, but I
thought I'll try java first.

Thanks!

Andrew Thompson

My question is how well does java support jpeg resizing ..
Well.

...and whats java's ftp access like.

Good. (I have less experience with the latter, but the code
snippet's I've seen were interesting for their brevity.)

Nigel Wade

hopkins said:
I want to automate the process of uploading photos to my web site.
What I want java to be able to do is take a directory of photos,
resize them appropriately, create and XML file based on their names,
then FTP the whole lot.

My question is how well does java support jpeg resizing and whats
java's ftp access like. I could probably do this task in PHP, but I
thought I'll try java first.

Thanks!

There's probably no need to reinvent the wheel. Take a look at JAlbum
(http://jalbum.net/) and see if it meets your requirements.