    (or more) machines over the Internet. I also want this tunnel to allow
    IPX-packets to flow. How do I create IPX-packets in Java? Is there any
    API for this?
    ricca82it, Jan 4, 2010

  2. ricca82it

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 14:20:54 -0800 (PST), ricca82it
    said :

    >I have a desire to create a client/server application that connects two
    >(or more) machines over the Internet. I also want this tunnel to allow
    >IPX-packets to flow. How do I create IPX-packets in Java? Is there any
    >API for this?

    Isn't IPX the Novell protocol, a brother to NETBUI and TCP/IP for
    Novell LANs back in the DOS days?

    I am surprised there is any need for that protocol any more. Perhaps
    someone makes a protocol converter box.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com
    Roedy Green, Jan 4, 2010

  3. On 2010-01-04 17:20:54 -0500, ricca82it <> said:

    > I have a desire to create a client/server application that connects two
    > (or more) machines over the Internet. I also want this tunnel to allow
    > IPX-packets to flow. How do I create IPX-packets in Java? Is there any
    > API for this?

    Not in the standard library, no. You'll probably have to write a
    native[0] shim that talks to your OS's IPX services, if it has them.
    Once you *have* that, the rest is relatively straightforward, though.

    Isn't it a little late to be writing a Kali[1] clone?

    -o

    [0] http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/jni/
    [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_(software)
    Owen Jacobson, Jan 5, 2010