Java and Jasper reports help

sconeek

hi all,
i am working on a java web app using jasper reports and ireport. i have
just upgraded my ireport copy to v1.2.0.

i have noticed that everytime i compile a report, there are multiple
instances of that file saved in the same folder, with different names.
so for every file i have multiple other files which start with the same
name but have numbers towards the end. eg.
reportA_1144647517990_939916.java

can somebody tell me why is ireport generating all these extra files. i
thought they were backups and have already disabled the backup option
(under options - backup) but it doesnt seem to help.

also i am creating some new sub-reports and i am only getting jrxml and
jasper files, i cant see my java file. all other files have 3 files
except anything new i create. when i compile the report using ireport,
it compiles fine and i can view the report but when i compile the app
using eclipse there is no java file present and hence the compilation
fails.

please help and thanks.