Java and Message Queues

Sathyaish

Under the Microsoft umbrella, there's just MSMQ and it is so darn
simple to use, either which ways -- through COM or through .NET.

I am feeling lost with Java. There's so much fluff -- IMB's MQ, MQ
Server, Sun's JMS API for MQ, JMS, what not.

Can someone just point me to an article so I can get started? I want to
see an article that explains:

-- types of queues and journals (just a quick recap)
-- a very succinct list of what queueing services are available from
vendors that are populary used with Java programs.
-- how to use one of them with an example and commentary.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

Sathyaish said:
Under the Microsoft umbrella, there's just MSMQ and it is so darn
simple to use, either which ways -- through COM or through .NET.

I am feeling lost with Java. There's so much fluff -- IMB's MQ, MQ
Server, Sun's JMS API for MQ, JMS, what not.

Can someone just point me to an article so I can get started? I want to
see an article that explains:

-- types of queues and journals (just a quick recap)
-- a very succinct list of what queueing services are available from
vendors that are populary used with Java programs.
-- how to use one of them with an example and commentary.

JMS is an API.

Different message queue providers supply products that
implement that API.

You code just call the standard JMS API no matter what
vendor.

Rather easy.

In theory.

http://java.sun.com/javaee/5/docs/tutorial/doc/JMS.html

would probably be a good place to start.

Arne