Java and MQSeries>> Develop a Message Queuing apllication

Sanjeev

Hi Gurus,

I am new to MQSeries.
I want learn the Message Queuing application in short MQ Series with
Java.

Could anyone tell me what are the pre-requisite for doing the above
things.

Is there any software required for that. If possible Trial Version.
It is just for learning purpose.

Thanking in advance
Sanjeev

Lakshmi Ashok

You could start by googling:
http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&q=MQ+primer&btnG=Search&meta=

You need to get the middleware software installed. So first decide on
the vendor. IBM MQ series is one such.

On the programming side, Java offers API's to talk to an MQ server.
Since this programming requires some kind of connection pooling, you
could decide on how you want to implement that. If you want to use it
for a web app, any app server document would provide details on that
( eg: Websphere or Weblogic ).

You also may want to decide on the synchronous or asynchronous
approach.

Read up some J2EE design pattern book and you will get to know the
various patterns you should follow for MQ programmng.

As for trial s/w...I have no idea on that.

Sanjeev

You could start by googling:http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&q=MQ+primer&btnG=Search&meta=

You need to get the middleware software installed. So first decide on
the vendor. IBM MQ series is one such.

On the programming side, Java offers API's to talk to an MQ server.
Since this programming requires  some kind of connection pooling, you
could decide on how you want to implement that. If you want to use it
for a web app, any app server document would provide details on that
( eg: Websphere or Weblogic ).

You also may want to decide on the synchronous or asynchronous
approach.

Read up some J2EE design pattern book and you will get to know the
various patterns you should follow for MQ programmng.

As for trial s/w...I have no idea on that.

I am planning do it on Websphere.

Is there any trial s/w available for doing practice.

Tony Winslow

Sanjeev said:
Hi Gurus,

I am new to MQSeries.
I want learn the Message Queuing application in short MQ Series with
Java.

Could anyone tell me what are the pre-requisite for doing the above
things.

Is there any software required for that. If possible Trial Version.
It is just for learning purpose.
Maybe you can try to learn JMS first.

apm35

You could start by googling:http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&q=MQ+primer&btnG=Search&meta=

You need to get the middleware software installed. So first decide on
the vendor. IBM MQ series is one such.

JORAM is another and it is open source. Whilst developing your code
you will, no doubt, want to be able to see what is on the queues. You
can use hermes for that. Hermes uses the std JMS API, as all good JMS
code should, so hermes should work with any JMS implementation. I have
used it with Joram and TIBCO-JMS.
On the programming side, Java offers API's to talk to an MQ server.
Since this programming requires  some kind of connection pooling, you
could decide on how you want to implement that. If you want to use it
for a web app, any app server document would provide details on that
( eg: Websphere or Weblogic ).

AFAIK, JMS sessions need to be viewed as a scarse resource that is not
thread safe. So on my JMS project I implemented my own session
pooling. It was quite primitive in that once all the pool items are in
use it polls until one becomes free.

If you are using queues for request-response situations (which some
people will do) then you might consider using lingo from codehaus.
This deals with the scarse session resource issue in a much better
event driven way that avoids polling. Be aware it has a dependency on
spring, which might or might not be ok for your project.

Regards,

Andrew Marlow