Java and OLE to MS Word (or OpenOffice) ?

Ed

Hi
Im in the process of converting an application from a legacy language into
Java with Swing GUI and have a requirement to print MS Word documents which
contain bookmarked fields. The idea being that I update the bookmarks and
then print/save the document etc.

Can I do this ? and should I do this or is there a better way of handling
the printing ?

For info the MS Word documents are user maintined. ie they can load them up
into Word , mess around with the wording and then resave them and then start
the application and do things with the letters. Dont really want to convert
the 50+ templates into something else, would do so if necessary and user
editig could be maintained.

Lastly my company is trying to promote OpenOffice so maybe I should try and
get Java to talk to this (again with OLE?).

Thoughts and pointers would be appreciated.

Ed

Nope not what I looking for , this appears to allow access to the file
content, but what I want is to be able to control the MS application itself.
e.g. send it a command to load a word template , send it multiple field
names and field values and then tell it to print to its deafult printer.

Same goes for OpenOffice, I havent read about SAX but how could XML files
control OpenOffice.

Any more ideas
cheers
Ed