    content. Is there anyway to automate the process and have java
    interface with the sftp & ssh processes? This application runs on a
    windows system.
    Luke, Nov 12, 2006

  2. Luke

    Alex Hunsley Guest

    Luke wrote:
    > Hello, I'm hoping someone can give me a suggestion on solving a
    > programming problem. I have a java program which generates new versions
    > of content for a website. After the new content files have been created
    > we need to use sftp to transfer the files to the remote site, and then
    > use ssh to log on and change some symbolic links to point to the new
    > content. Is there anyway to automate the process and have java
    > interface with the sftp & ssh processes? This application runs on a
    > windows system.

    My first suggestion is to look at Ant. Ant has a SCP (secure copy)
    optional target available, amongst things; it may have other useful
    targets made for it for such remote tasks....
    Alex Hunsley, Nov 12, 2006

  3. Luke

    Guest

    You may want to look at the following. Both contain API for automating
    ssh/sftp/ftp processes.

    http://www.jscape.com/secureinetfactory/

    http://www.jscape.com/sftp/

    Luke wrote:
    > Hello, I'm hoping someone can give me a suggestion on solving a
    > programming problem. I have a java program which generates new versions
    > of content for a website. After the new content files have been created
    > we need to use sftp to transfer the files to the remote site, and then
    > use ssh to log on and change some symbolic links to point to the new
    > content. Is there anyway to automate the process and have java
    > interface with the sftp & ssh processes? This application runs on a
    > windows system.
    , Nov 13, 2006
  4. Luke

    Daniel Pitts Guest

    Luke wrote:
    > Hello, I'm hoping someone can give me a suggestion on solving a
    > programming problem. I have a java program which generates new versions
    > of content for a website. After the new content files have been created
    > we need to use sftp to transfer the files to the remote site, and then
    > use ssh to log on and change some symbolic links to point to the new
    > content. Is there anyway to automate the process and have java
    > interface with the sftp & ssh processes? This application runs on a
    > windows system.

    Among the other suggestions you have been given, you can download a
    command line ssh client (I suggest cygwin or putty on windows, Linux
    should come with ones "built-in").

    You can then use Runtime.exec or System.exec to run and communicate
    with native programs. Hope this helps.
    Daniel Pitts, Nov 13, 2006