    at java.sun.com, or searching google.

    Has anyone had any success in this area.

    stuart

    Stuart Clayman, Jul 10, 2003

  2. On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 11:44:14 +0100, Stuart Clayman wrote:
    > I am trying to get Java to open a UNIX domain socket in order to
    > interact with an existing piece of software.
    >
    > I can;t find any reference to this in the Java docs, at
    > java.sun.com, or searching google.

    Searching Google gives several hits, all of them saying basically the
    same thing: that Java doesn't support UNIX domain sockets.

    You need to use JNI or an external helper program.

    /gordon

    --
    [ do not send me private copies of your followups ]
    g o r d o n . b e a t o n @ e r i c s s o n . c o m

    Gordon Beaton, Jul 10, 2003

  3. On 10 Jul 2003 12:47:53 GMT, Gordon Beaton <> wrote:

    [snip]

    > You need to use JNI or an external helper program.

    I'm working on a package called Jtux (using JNI) that will handle about 250
    POSIX/SUS system calls, including the whole socket API.

    It's not ready yet, but anyone who'd like an early release (in a week or
    two) can email me.

    It will be Open Source under the BSD license.

    --Marc

    Marc Rochkind, Jul 10, 2003