    Thanks,

    Antonio
    www.etantonio.it
    Etantonio, Dec 6, 2008

  2. Etantonio wrote:
    > Hi,
    > for a project I need to connect a pc to an usb device and I've to send
    > and receive data from this device.
    > Do you think that this could be simply implemented ?? What kind of
    > library you suggest me ??

    First off, don't multipost. It fragments discussions, etc. Keep in mind
    that many people read many of the different c.l.j.* newsgroups, so you
    need only post in one, MAYBE two, anyways.

    Second, GIYF: <http://www.google.com/search?q=Java+usb>. jUSB would
    probably be your best bet, although it appears to be abandonware.

    tried it. -- Donald E. Knuth
    Joshua Cranmer, Dec 6, 2008

  3. Etantonio

    steve Guest

    On Sun, 7 Dec 2008 03:08:25 +0800, Etantonio wrote
    (in article
    <>):

    > Hi,
    > for a project I need to connect a pc to an usb device and I've to send
    > and receive data from this device.
    > Do you think that this could be simply implemented ?? What kind of
    > library you suggest me ??
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Antonio
    > www.etantonio.it

    Don't need to make it so complicated.
    go for JINI, write a couple of sections of c/c++ code.
    You can have it done in a couple of hours .
    if your on a mac, examples for read/writing to USB devices from java using
    c/c++ libraries are available.

    Steve
    steve, Dec 7, 2008
  4. Etantonio

    etantonio Guest

    It seems that it works just under linux while I need it also for
    windows.
    Any other suggest ??

    Antonio
    www.etantonio.it/en
    etantonio, Dec 9, 2008
  5. Etantonio

    etantonio Guest

    On 6 Dic, 20:25, Joshua Cranmer <> wrote:
    > Etantonio wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > for a project I need to connect a pc to an usb device and I've to send
    > > and receive data from this device.
    > > Do you think that this could be simply implemented ?? What kind of
    > > library you suggest me ??

    > First off, don't multipost. It fragments discussions, etc. Keep in mind
    > that many people read many of the different c.l.j.* newsgroups, so you
    > need only post in one, MAYBE two, anyways.
    >
    > Second, GIYF: <http://www.google.com/search?q=Java+usb>. jUSB would
    > probably be your best bet, although it appears to be abandonware.
    >
    > --
    > Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not
    > tried it. -- Donald E. Knuth

    wHAT ABOUT THIS PROJECT ??
    dO YOU THINK COULD BE A GOOD SOLUTION ??

    Thanks,

    Antonio
    www.etantonio.it/de
    etantonio, Dec 9, 2008
  6. Am Sat, 06 Dec 2008 14:25:43 -0500 schrieb Joshua Cranmer:

    > Etantonio wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> for a project I need to connect a pc to an usb device and I've to send
    >> and receive data from this device.
    >> Do you think that this could be simply implemented ?? What kind of
    >> library you suggest me ??

    > First off, don't multipost. It fragments discussions, etc. Keep in mind
    > that many people read many of the different c.l.j.* newsgroups, so you
    > need only post in one, MAYBE two, anyways.
    >
    > Second, GIYF: <http://www.google.com/search?q=Java+usb>. jUSB would
    > probably be your best bet, although it appears to be abandonware.

    Here's some info on jUSB (from 2003, but may still help):
    http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/j-usb.html

    And here's a bit on creating your own JNI-based Java/USB API:
    http://today.java.net/lpt/a/303

    Here's a link to a German company ("Bubensoft") who offer a Java/USB API.
    You can download it after registering. Installation template, Windows
    driver and sample code are included. Note: Everything is in German only.
    http://87.174.83.219/home/home.html

    Caveat: I've tried none of this myself, because the project for which
    I did the research never materialized after all.

    -- Sebastian
    Sebastian Millies, Dec 12, 2008