    Any java API's for pdf that may do this?

    Your input is very well appreciated.

    Thanks

    ramesh, Jul 7, 2005

  2. ramesh

    Wendy Smoak Guest

    "ramesh" <> wrote:

    > Is there a way to identify if there are any non embedded fonts in a pdf
    > document using a java API.
    > Any java API's for pdf that may do this?

    I don't know if it will do what you want, but iText is a Java API for PDF...
    http://www.lowagie.com/iText/

    --
    Wendy Smoak

    Wendy Smoak, Jul 8, 2005

  3. ramesh

    CafeBabe Guest

    I'm sure you can get such info through pure java API.

    PDFBox (http://www.pdfbox.org/) should be a good start point.

    -Steven

    CafeBabe, Jul 8, 2005
  4. ramesh

    ramesh Guest

    Thanks guys for all the responses.

    Steven:

    I tried out pdfbox and it seems to be a decent API to do this job. But
    it is very slow. Any other suggestions. Basically the API has to read
    the resources dictionary of all the pages.

    ramesh, Jul 8, 2005
  5. ramesh

    kjc Guest

    ramesh wrote:
    > Thanks guys for all the responses.
    >
    > Steven:
    >
    > I tried out pdfbox and it seems to be a decent API to do this job. But
    > it is very slow. Any other suggestions. Basically the API has to read
    > the resources dictionary of all the pages.
    >

    > CafeBabe wrote:
    >
    >>I'm sure you can get such info through pure java API.
    >>
    >>PDFBox (http://www.pdfbox.org/) should be a good start point.
    >>

    >>-Steven

    iText

    kjc, Jul 10, 2005