Java API source code?

Ken

Hi.

Where would I find Java 1.4.2 API source code? It's my understanding
that the Java creators applied precondtions, postconditions and
invariants to the API classes and their methods. I'd like to take a
look at these contract definitions, and I'm assuming they are in the
source code.

One note is that if it is in the code, I wonder why they didn't
include it in the Javadoc for the API. It sure would be useful for us
clients of the APIs!

Thanks for any help,

Ken

Michael Borgwardt

Ken said:
Where would I find Java 1.4.2 API source code?

The API source code is part of the SDK/JDK distribution and can
be found in the "src.zip" file in the installation directory
(unless you chose not to install it).

It's my understanding
that the Java creators applied precondtions, postconditions and
invariants to the API classes and their methods.

What gave you that idea?

One note is that if it is in the code, I wonder why they didn't
include it in the Javadoc for the API. It sure would be useful for us
clients of the APIs!

As far as there are such things (i.e. very rarely), they are documented
in the javadoc, though usually informally.

Jim Cochrane

Hi.

Where would I find Java 1.4.2 API source code? It's my understanding
that the Java creators applied precondtions, postconditions and
invariants to the API classes and their methods. I'd like to take a
look at these contract definitions, and I'm assuming they are in the
source code.

One note is that if it is in the code, I wonder why they didn't
include it in the Javadoc for the API. It sure would be useful for us
clients of the APIs!

On my system, it's in:

$JAVA_HOME/src.zip (/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_02/src.zip)

I assume this is standard.

Andrew Thompson