    clients of the APIs!

    Thanks for any help,

    Ken

    Ken, Sep 23, 2004

  2. Ken wrote:
    > Where would I find Java 1.4.2 API source code?

    The API source code is part of the SDK/JDK distribution and can
    be found in the "src.zip" file in the installation directory
    (unless you chose not to install it).

    > It's my understanding
    > that the Java creators applied precondtions, postconditions and
    > invariants to the API classes and their methods.

    What gave you that idea?

    > One note is that if it is in the code, I wonder why they didn't
    > include it in the Javadoc for the API. It sure would be useful for us
    > clients of the APIs!

    As far as there are such things (i.e. very rarely), they are documented
    in the javadoc, though usually informally.

    Michael Borgwardt, Sep 24, 2004

  3. Ken

    Jim Cochrane Guest

    In article <>, Ken wrote:
    > Hi.
    >
    > Where would I find Java 1.4.2 API source code? It's my understanding
    > that the Java creators applied precondtions, postconditions and
    > invariants to the API classes and their methods. I'd like to take a
    > look at these contract definitions, and I'm assuming they are in the
    > source code.
    >
    > One note is that if it is in the code, I wonder why they didn't
    > include it in the Javadoc for the API. It sure would be useful for us
    > clients of the APIs!

    On my system, it's in:

    $JAVA_HOME/src.zip (/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_02/src.zip)

    I assume this is standard.

    --
    Jim Cochrane;
    [When responding by email, include the term non-spam in the subject line to

    Jim Cochrane, Sep 24, 2004
  4. On 23 Sep 2004 14:30:55 -0700, Ken wrote:

    > here would I find Java 1.4.2 API source code?

    The places described by Micheal and Jim.

    But if you find yourself away from home and need
    a quick reference, it's available through this page..
    <http://www.physci.org/source.jsp?class=java.lang.Object>

    HTH

    --
    Andrew Thompson