java APIs for sftp, ftp

horos11

All,

I was hoping that I could get some suggestions for programmable ftp/
sftp clients in java.

What I'm looking to have is a drop-in replacement for sftp and ftp
commands, without graphical interface.. I've tried j-ftp, but it looks
like it is intertwined with its GUI (if anybody has j-ftp specific
examples, I'd love to see them)

Thanks much,

Ed

Dave Miller

All,

I was hoping that I could get some suggestions for programmable ftp/
sftp clients in java.

What I'm looking to have is a drop-in replacement for sftp and ftp
commands, without graphical interface.. I've tried j-ftp, but it looks
like it is intertwined with its GUI (if anybody has j-ftp specific
examples, I'd love to see them)

Thanks much,

Ed
You might find the below article helpful:

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-04-2003/jw-0404-ftp.html

John B. Matthews

I was hoping that I could get some suggestions for programmable ftp/
sftp clients in java.

What I'm looking to have is a drop-in replacement for sftp and ftp
commands, without graphical interface.. I've tried j-ftp, but it
looks like it is intertwined with its GUI (if anybody has j-ftp
specific examples, I'd love to see them)

You could exec curl or look at javacurl:

<http://sourceforge.net/projects/javacurl>

Martin Gregorie

What I'm looking to have is a drop-in replacement for sftp and ftp
commands, without graphical interface.. I've tried j-ftp, but it looks
like it is intertwined with its GUI (if anybody has j-ftp specific
examples, I'd love to see them)
You may find some ideas here: http://linuxmafia.com/ssh/java.html
but be warned - a number of formerly open source ssh or sftp clients are
being bought and made into closed, commercial products.