    thanks
    giammy
    , Sep 25, 2006

  2. Oliver Wong Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi all,
    > I have a java applet, correctly working:
    > it happended I tried to start it on a machine
    > where there was not le loopback interface lo
    > and it does not work.
    >
    > (enabling ifup lo, everythings returns ok)
    >
    > Just a curiosity: why a java applet needs the
    > loopback interface to work?

    I don't know the answer to your question, but I was wondering why would
    it ever be useful to disable the loopback interface?

    - Oliver
    Oliver Wong, Sep 25, 2006

    > I don't know the answer to your question, but I was wondering why would
    > it ever be useful to disable the loopback interface?

    I don't know why it could be useful ... it just happened to me
    to test my applet in such a machine, and I lost various time
    to find that the cause was the loopback :-(

    giammy
    , Sep 26, 2006